News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi200: How to reject the call?

Started by xlamsp, March 13, 2017, 11:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlamsp

Hi,

I have OBi200 (HW v.1.4, FW 3.1.1 (Build: 5462EX)) with connected Panasonic cordless phone. I've configured SIP accounts and I can place and receive calls. The problem is in the case if I don't want to answer an incoming call. When I press OFF/on hook key on the handset I expect the call is being instantly terminated. Instead the ringing is being muted but the call is not terminated. I can not make another call during this time and once I press TALK/off hook key the call is being accepted and the voice path is established (which is not desired). When the call is established the OFF key works fine and terminates the call, so it's not the button malfunction. Could you please advise which settings are controlling this behavior?

Thanks.

SteveInWA

That's not how land line or VoIP telephones work.  Pressing "off" doesn't do anything if you haven't yet answered the call.  You are probably thinking of cell phones, which can reject a call without answering it.

It's working as designed.