February 21, 2018, 10:41:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question: Standard Answering Machine Not Allowing For Messages After Greeting  (Read 24654 times)
Matthew999

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2018, 09:57:46 am »

I have a question to pass by you guys. I have an Obi200 connected to a Panasonic Dect 6 multi-phone / answering machine system. I'm on FW version 3.1.1.5577. I noticed that recently after upgrading the fw, my answering machine will pick up correctly after 4 rings, but after playing the greeting, just beeps (single beep, 2-3 second delay, repeat) and will not let the caller leave a message.

Do you think this has anything to do with the latest firmware, or is it just a strange coincidence? I've had Obi for more than a year and the phone system for longer than that. I never had any issues before this version. I upgraded from v3.1.1.5463EX. Just wondering if the Obi needs to somehow sense the greeting is complete before the line is release to the caller to leave a message.

I have this exact same problem.  Panasonic 6 handsets, with answering machine on Panasonic turned on, with Phone Power and Google Voice,  and Obi 202.

When the answering machine answers it plays the recording...people hear it.  Then when it tells them to leave a message after the beep...I hear what sounds like regular tones through out the house...like a fax machine.
Taoman

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2018, 10:20:26 am »

I have this exact same problem.

The Obi Support team is currently working on a solution they hope will resolve this issue. In the meantime, they recommended changing the following setting:

---Codec Profile A & B---
Codec Setting Section:
- T38Reinvite: “Callee only” (mine was set to “Caller or callee”)

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=12530.msg82522#msg82522
isdjww

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2018, 06:13:02 pm »

---Codec Profile A & B---

FAX Event Section
- Enable: unchecked (mine was already unchecked)

Codec Settings Section
- T38Enable: Unchecked (mine was checked)
- T38Redundancy: 0 (mine was set to 2)
- T38Reinvite: “Callee only” (mine was set to “Caller or callee”)

---ITSP Profile X (The Callcentric one eg. ITSP B)---

SIP Sub-section
- X_SessionRefresh: Unchecked (mine was already unchecked)
- X_FaxPassThroughSignal: None (mine was set to ReINVITE)

I know that this thread is a little old, but I wanted to thank you Chilirock for your efforts. This fixed my phone answering machine issue too (like many others here).

ap833

« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2018, 04:13:47 pm »

Thanks so much Chilirock!! This issue was driving me crazy for months. This should really be posted to the top of the forums!
NsaneDookie

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2018, 03:06:28 pm »

Hello ladies and Gents, i was facing the same issue as you and i have found a fix!!

underExpert Config -> Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> Auto Attendant 1 -> Disable

Cheers!!  Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: