News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Incoming SP2 Showing as SP1 in Call History

Started by zaragoza2, March 18, 2017, 04:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaragoza2

I received four inbound SP2 (Callcentric) calls today.  In the Call History of my Obihai110, it is showing GoogleVoice1 (SP1) for each call instead of SP2.  I tried the following as a solution.  I went to Obitalk and on the SP2 page, I unchecked "ring line 1 on incoming calls", thinking that line 1 is for GoogleVoice1 only..  After saving the change, the box remained checked.  So I guess that's not the solution.

zaragoza2

Some additional information.  When I log in to my Google Voice account, I see four missed incoming calls.  Google Voice shows the number of the caller, but not the number that was called.  When I log in to my Callcentric account, I see the same four missed calls.  But with Callcentric, it shows the number of the caller AND the number that was called.  The number that was called was my Callcentric number.  There are four voicemails showing in my Callcentric account, as well.  So why is my Obihai Call History only showing Googlevoice1?

SteveInWA

This looks like a case of a user not understanding how the services work, and thus, not setting things up correctly.

The goal is to use Google Voice on SP1 only for outbound calls, and to use Callcentric on SP2 only for inbound calls and for E911 service.  You do not have these paths set up properly.

Google Voice's history page will show the telephone number that called your Google Voice number.  Of course it doesn't show the number being called, because you are logged into, and looking at that number's records.  There is no other number being called.

Start over.  Follow my instructions, even if you don't think it's necessary; it is faster to just do it right the first time, then to try to troubleshoot your existing incorrect setup.

Open a laptop or desktop web browser, not a mobile device, and log into the correct Google Voice account.  You can use this link to force Google Voice to display the old, "Legacy" user interface:

https://www.google.com/voice/b/0/redirection/voice

Go to the Phones tab of Google Voice Settings.  Remove the check mark to the left of Google Chat.  Confirm that you have added your Callcentric number as a forwarding or "linked" number, and that you do have a check mark to the left of it.  If not, add and verify that number, and add the check mark.

Leave that browser tab open.  Press Ctrl-T to open another browser tab.  Log into your OBiTALK web portal (dashboard) page.  Click on your OBi device.  On the next screen, delete the configuration for both service providers SP1 and SP2.  Give the device enough time to fully reboot after you delete each SPx -- OBiTALK will remotely do this after a minute or two.

Now, click SP1 on the OBiTALK device page, and set it up again with Google Voice.  Check the appropriate box to make SP1 the default for outbound calls.

Next, click SP2 on the OBiTALK device page, and, on the page that asks if you want to configure Google Voice, tell it no.  Scroll down to the very bottom of the page and click on "OBiTALK compatible service providers".  On the next page, click on Callcentric.  Get to the page that asks for your Callcentric credentials, and fill it in.  Be sure to use your Callcentric 1777xxxxxxx user ID and your Callcentric SIP password, which was set by you, and may not be the same as your CC account password.  Do NOT select this SP as the default for outbound calls, but DO tell it to ring inbound calls, and to use it for E911 service.  Submit.

That's it.  Call your Google Voice number from some other, unrelated phone number.  It should ring the phone attached to the OBi, via SP2, and it should display caller ID number and name.  Test making an outbound call on the OBi-attached phone.  The called party should see your Google Voice number.

The Google Voice history page will show the inbound and outbound calls that used your GV number.

zaragoza2