News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setting up an OBI 110 for newbies

Started by tempo150101, March 19, 2017, 01:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tempo150101

I've been using the Obi 202 for exactly two years and I love it.

I bought an Obi 110 last week in order to transition my parents away from their POTS line (using an answering machine) to a Google Voice powered landline and two cell phones. I want them to have both the POTS line and Google Voice at the same time to see if they are comfortable with Google Voice (a little hard of hearing).

I want them to get used to getting phone messages via email so I disconnected the answering machine for now. (I think they'll be able to hear messages better through a computer speaker.)

I want them to still be able to answer calls directly from the POTS line but still give people the opportunity to leave messages.

Is there a way to direct unanswered POTS line calls to the Google Voice voicemail, but not immediately? I still want them to be able to pick up calls to the POTS line for the sake of comparison. I was thinking about using call forwarding after four rings, but that seems like it would take an ungodly number of rings.

Suggestions?