News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Port my number after setup

Started by Ginkgo, March 19, 2017, 10:31:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginkgo

Can I port my mobile number after I have setup Obi200 with my google number?

Ginkgo

I have read that and understand it.. the question is can I change(port) my google number after I setup Obi200?

SteveInWA

That is the opposite of what you asked in your first post, so now I don't know what you want to do.

If you obtained a free inbound Google Voice number from Google, and now you want to port your mobile number in to your Google Voice account, and use that number as your inbound Google Voice number, yes, you can do that.  If you want to port OUT a free inbound Google Voice number to some other carrier, yes, you can do that.

If you clarify your situation, perhaps I can provide a more meaningful answer.

Ginkgo

I have a google voice number. Can I setup the Obi200 using my current google voice number then later have my current mobile number ported to google voice to replace my current google voice number. Will it automatically change the number in Obitalk? Sorry if I was not clear...

SteveInWA

Yes, you can do that.  You may need to simply re-authenticate your OBi to your Google Voice account, but that's quick and easy.  Your OBi device is authorized to use the Chat/XMPP service on your Google account, and it doesn't matter which number is being used.

Ginkgo

Thank you SteveInWA. We had T-Mobile Home for many years.. Received a letter that it will no longer be available and had to change to LinkLink.. Now the quality is very poor and garbled. Time to use Obitalk.. and save $10 a month. I have already verified I can port the number.