OBi202 configured for FreePhoneLine - calling Ooma lines - can't hear my voice

Started by KiaF, March 23, 2017, 09:42:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiaF

Has anyone encountered a problem whereby their configuration leads to this scenario? When I call someone on Ooma lines they can't hear me but I hear them. When I call any other lines it works fine. I cannot figure what in my OBi202 config is resulting in this problem.

LTN1

If you have tested calling your own cell phone and other numbers (like friends who don't have Ooma, toll free banking numbers, etc.) and they all hear you (assuming that is the case), you should consider that there may be a problem on this particular Ooma side and not the OBi. This is assuming you are using the default settings on your OBi and haven't screwed up the OBi configuration with your own specific configuration.

azrobert

KiaF

It does indeed work fine with people I call or receive calls from who use cell phones, and other types of lines, but the Ooma line that I call frequently is the one that is oddly not working right. I suspected that it could be an Ooma thing, but the odd part was the prior to an upgrade to a new OBi firmware, I had no issues calling that Ooma number. Hence my thinking that it could be related to something on the OBi.

LTN1

quix22

Anyone have a resolution to this issue?  I too have a situation where just about every call I make works fine with Obihai 200 (using Freephoneline), except for one phone number of an Ooma customer.  When I use Googlevoice to call that Ooma number, it works fine....strange...