News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Outgoing Google Voice calls give Rejected notification 503

Started by mogulman, March 27, 2017, 02:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogulman

Making Google Voice calls through my Obihai 202 stopped working this afternoon.   Worked for months and this morning.

Tried rebooting my cable modem, router and obihai device.  No luck.
Obitalk dashboard shows connected
Tried changing credentials for Google voice and saving.  Shows connected but no calls work.
Tried using hangouts from a browser to make a call and it works fine.
Updated firmware on my Obihai 202 to 3.1.1.5589 (the latest I could find).  No luck

Any suggestions?

emmel

I'm having the same issue and tried the same things as you. At least it isn't only me.

abinforum

Taoman

Where exactly are you guys seeing this error message? On the OBitalk web portal, your call history, or System Status? Could someone post a screen shot of the error message?

I'm only aware of a 503 error with a SIP connection. Never heard of a 503 error with an XMPP connection.

Hopefully, SteveInWA will chime in with an idea of what's going on. Similar report on DSLreports.com.

Apparently this was the response from OBi support regarding this issue:
Quote"There might be a temporary service issue with Google Voice at this time.
Please wait for Google Voice to resolve the issue. In the meantime, you don't have to do anything to your obitalk configuration."

sco3tt

Quote from: Taoman on March 27, 2017, 03:49:57 PM
Where exactly are you guys seeing this error message?

The error is a voice response returned via the handset whenever a call is attempted.

"The number you dialed, xxx-xxx-xxxx, was rejected by the service provider.  Reason is 503."

Almighty1

I have the same issue too.  My SP1 is also a GV line which was a AT&T landline ported over to Google Project Fi first before porting to GV still works fine.  My SP2 is a GV # from atleast 5+ years ago which is the one with the problem.  I can make/receive calls on the computer as I even see the incoming calls come in.  I know it was working as the last call that still rang was at 1:02PM PDT (GMT -700).  So I wonder is it related to who GV got the phone numbers from that matters as I have a Level3 provided number for SP2.

Taoman, basically using a phone that is connected to the Obi, I dial any number... let's say 1-800-266-2278 for example.  It will immediately do the 3 tone sound with a female voice that goes "the number you dialed one eight zero zero two six six two two seven eight is being rejected by the service provider.  reason is 503."  My Obi202 warranty expired in February 2017 so I sent a service request and got the same answer with the exact same words within minutes by e-mail.

There is a thread here:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/voice/DeXjzSzcEKU;context-place=forum/voice

UltraP

After years of smooth sailing I started getting this 503 error this afternoon on my OBi connected handset. 3 beeps and Error 503 message when trying to dial any number. Incoming calls do not work anymore. At least I can still make and receive calls via Hangouts using my cellphone. But OBiTalk apparently is having some issues at this time.

mikepanic

Same 503 error.  I had an older OBi100 box, deleted it from dashboard, got out the OBi200 that I had bought 2 months ago as a backup, configured that and getting the same 503 error on outgoing phone calls.

Google Voice (app) on my AT&T iPhone works fine, leading me to believe this is OBi specific

FWIW, inbound calls do not work either.  Earlier today (March 27) the phone worked fine.  This evening, perhaps around 630pm EST my cell phone rang from my GV number but the phone connected to OBi100 did not.  At 8pm I have a GV rule setup to stop getting calls pushed to my cell phone, and at 8:03pm I got a Google Voice voicemail notification, so the service is still working fine, just not passing through OBi

zorlac

Me too.
Wifey unhappy.
(Remember honey, it's free.) ::)

SP1 GV # shows connected but won't dial in or out.
SP2 GV # also shows connected & dials both ways OK.
SP3 Anveo # is ok too.

Wifey is SP1.....Go figure.  ???  ;D :D

My gut feeling is that this is an obi thing, not GV, since my affected GV# still forks incoming calls to a cell # OK and rings the computer's GV account ok too.

cajackson

Got a very fast reply from Obihai....

Obihai Support
9:00 PM (0 minutes ago)

to me
Please wait while the issue is being worked on.

Almighty1

@cajackson - seems like you got a different reply as everyone else got the other reply.

Almighty1

@zorlac - still broken here with the same error message.  Did you do anything like rebooting?

zorlac

Quote from: Almighty1 on March 27, 2017, 06:42:09 PM
@zorlac - still broken here with the same error message.  Did you do anything like rebooting?
Nope, it's just a computerized miracle.  ;D
I power cycled once earlier, but that had no affect.

Almighty1

Quote from: zorlac on March 27, 2017, 06:43:37 PM
Quote from: Almighty1 on March 27, 2017, 06:42:09 PM
@zorlac - still broken here with the same error message.  Did you do anything like rebooting?
Nope, it's just a computerized miracle.  ;D

Lucky you, I rebooted and still the same error message from the handset.

SteveInWA

The fact that your OBi displays a status of "Connected" for the SPx in question means, that the OBi has successfully accessed, and is now accessing, the Google Chat/XMPP service on the Google account that you previously authorized it to use.

The error code indicates a problem further along in the call process, such that the server isn't responding.  It's a Google issue.  We've reported it to Google, but we have no further information at this time.  Typically, their automated system monitoring will detect this and alert their support personnel, who will investigate and fix the problem.

Bottom line, "Do not adjust your set".  Just wait.

zorlac

Quote from: SteveInWA on March 27, 2017, 06:55:08 PM
The fact that your OBi displays a status of "Connected" for the SPx in question means, that the OBi has successfully accessed, and is now accessing, the Google Chat/XMPP service on the Google account that you previously authorized it to use.

The error code indicates a problem further along in the call process, such that the server isn't responding.  It's a Google issue.  We've reported it to Google, but we have no further information at this time.  Typically, their automated system monitoring will detect this and alert their support personnel, who will investigate and fix the problem.

Bottom line, "Do not adjust your set".  Just wait.
Seems strange since both GV#'s are in the same exchange just different slots on the obi.
The affected # still forks incoming calls to a cell & rings the GV dinger on computer account too, just our obi doesn't ring the pots phone on that #.

Almighty1

Quote from: zorlac on March 27, 2017, 07:03:54 PM
Seems strange since both GV#'s are in the same exchange just different slots on the obi.
The affected # still forks incoming calls to a cell & rings the GV dinger on computer account too, just our obi doesn't ring the pots phone on that #.

In my case, SP1 which is a AT&T landline ported to Google Project Fi (March 2016) and then GV from Project Fi did not have the problem.

SP2 which is a GV native number from 2009 or earlier that GV got from Level 3 number which is the one with problems.

You can check who owns the number by putting the Area code plus the first 3 digits and look at the carrier section at the bottom using this URL:
http://www.npanxxsource.com/npa-nxx-databases.htm