News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Outgoing Google Voice calls give Rejected notification 503

Started by mogulman, March 27, 2017, 02:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveInWA

Quote from: zorlac on March 27, 2017, 07:03:54 PM
Quote from: SteveInWA on March 27, 2017, 06:55:08 PM
The fact that your OBi displays a status of "Connected" for the SPx in question means, that the OBi has successfully accessed, and is now accessing, the Google Chat/XMPP service on the Google account that you previously authorized it to use.

The error code indicates a problem further along in the call process, such that the server isn't responding.  It's a Google issue.  We've reported it to Google, but we have no further information at this time.  Typically, their automated system monitoring will detect this and alert their support personnel, who will investigate and fix the problem.

Bottom line, "Do not adjust your set".  Just wait.
Seems strange since both GV#'s are in the same exchange just different slots on the obi.
The affected # still forks incoming calls to a cell & rings the GV dinger on computer account too, just our obi doesn't ring the pots phone on that #.

Incoming and outgoing calls use a different path.  The outbound calling failure is somewhere on the Google side, that acts as the XMPP server.  It's either not responding (hung or dead), or sending back something invalid.  This is different than the inbound call path, whereby Google's carrier partner and/or Google directly receive an inbound telephone call, and then Google Voice forwards that call over the phone network to your forwarding number(s), and to Chat/OBi.

zoom38

I get the same "The number you dialed, xxx-xxx-xxxx, was rejected by the service provider.  Reason is 503." message when making calls thru my OBI100.  Just started today.  Hope someone comes up with a fix soon.

TAZVIKING

I'm getting the same 503 code, are there any reasons why yet?

Almighty1

Works again for me.

Almighty1

restamp

FWIW, this is probably not the best resource, but I've used it more than once for decoding errors that go along with those undesirable SIT tones:

http://blog.onvoy.com/connections/21-common-voip-error-codes

Almighty1

Quote from: restamp on March 27, 2017, 08:34:50 PM
FWIW, this is probably not the best resource, but I've used it more than once for decoding errors that go along with those undesirable SIT tones:

http://blog.onvoy.com/connections/21-common-voip-error-codes

This is a more complete list, sounds like HTTP error codes...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SIP_response_codes

dwhitejazz

For what's it worth my Obi202 stopped working yesterday as well.  Status is "Connected" but outgoing calls have the "503 error" and incoming calls do not ring.

Dave White

restamp

@Almighty1:  Thanks for the Wikipedia cite.

Most of my GV numbers seem to be working fine tonight.  Interestingly, the one exception is a number that I access through the Simonics Google Voice Gateway.  It shows as registered, but I get a busy signal or 503 error whenever I try to call out, and it rings to GV voicemail when I try to dial in.

Guess I'll check it tomorrow and see if anything has changed.

zorlac

Inet

Should have read the forum before trying everything else I could think of...  :)

Who is the problem with, OBI or GV?

Almighty1

Quote from: Inet on March 28, 2017, 05:05:22 AM
Should have read the forum before trying everything else I could think of...  :)

It could be one or a combination of both.  I wanted to ask, is the female voice with the error message actually provided by Obi or is it GV?

drgeoff

GV calls from your Obi don't use any Obihai server or Obihai run facilities. Unless:

1. Obihai has forced an update to your device in the last day or so

or

2.  There is some bug in Obihai's firmware which has been exposed by the time/date

this one would appear to be down to GV.

drgeoff

Quote from: Almighty1 on March 28, 2017, 07:00:21 AM
Quote from: Inet on March 28, 2017, 05:05:22 AM

It could be one or a combination of both.  I wanted to ask, is the female voice with the error message actually provided by Obi or is it GV?
The verbal message is generated by your OBi as a result of it receiving the 503 from somewhere. GV does not use SIP so don't interpret the 503 as being a SIP error code or it being initiated by GV.

moby

I have an Obi100 and an Obi202 on the same network. The 100 is giving me the "call rejected by the service provider" error but the 202 works fine.

Maybe I should upgraded a while back ???

mikepanic

Quote from: moby on March 28, 2017, 07:58:15 AM
I have an Obi100 and an Obi202 on the same network. The 100 is giving me the "call rejected by the service provider" error but the 202 works fine.

Maybe I should upgraded a while back ???

I had been using an OBi100 and it was great, a few weeks ago there was a promo on the OBi200 and I bought one since the 100 was end of life.  Last night the error started, I figured it was time to swap them out.  Both boxes give the same error. It's not a hardware issue I'm afraid.

mikepanic

Almighty1

As of 8:23AM PDT/11:23AM EDT - it is working again! 

hapollo

Incoming forked calls still not ringing. Since my incoming is forked to Callcentric for CNAM, I simply went to GV Dashboard and checkboxed Google Talk and phone rings but still no ring of forked calls to other carriers. At least something rings now.

SteveInWA

Google found and fixed the issue.  Again, this was not a problem with OBi devices nor with their configuration; it was an issue on the Google end.