News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to forward Gvoice on SP1 to USB Line cell phone

Started by Ruckus, March 27, 2017, 04:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

I've tried looking through topics on the forums and all i can see is in settings for SP1 set X_InboundCallRoute to {ph1,ph2,li(XXXXXXXX)}. when i do this the config does not even save it to try it.

I'd like my gvoice calls to ring on my phones and also forward through my landline on usb line to my cell phone, how can i do this?

thanks!

drgeoff

1.  That string looks correct but why does it not save?  Are you using Expert Mode on the portal or are you using the device's onboard web server?

2.  Is there a reason you are not configuring your GV settings (at google.com/voice) to forward incoming calls to your OBi and your cell phone?  Then just (ph,ph2} as the X_InboundCallRoute on the OBi.

Ruckus

1) I'm using the web server on the device, will try now to use the portal.

2) I move around the world for my job, currently in Costa Rica and family use my Gvoice to keep in contact :)

Ruckus

well got the line to change in the settings but it still did not forward the call.

drgeoff

Log in to the devices onboard web GUI, click on Status, then on Call History.  Does the right hand column show your cell phone number being dialled correctly on the OBiLINE?

If you manually dial the cellphone number with appropriate prefix to go out over the OBiLINE, does the call succeed?

Ruckus

Ok so a while later and i've now moved to Belgium.

I was never able to get this to work in Costa Rica and this morning had some time to mess with it, reading all of the above again and more googling, i'm still really stuck.

my config under Voice Services, SP1 X_InboundCallRoute is {ph1,ph2},{li(xxxxxxxxx)}

xxxxxx is obviously my actual cell number here as you would dial it from a regular analog phone line.

my log doesnt show any attempt at a call being made to the li number, just the ph1,ph2 and that still works great.

anyone know where i'm going so wrong on this. All i want to do is when my gvoice number reaches my obi202 i want it to also forward the call to my cell number (particularly handy since we get free roaming around europe and i travel a lot)

thank you in advance

azrobert

drgeoff

Quote from: Ruckus on November 19, 2017, 03:21:05 AM
my config under Voice Services, SP1 X_InboundCallRoute is {ph1,ph2},{li(xxxxxxxxx)}

xxxxxx is obviously my actual cell number here as you would dial it from a regular analog phone line.

my log doesnt show any attempt at a call being made to the li number, just the ph1,ph2 
azrobert has already given you the solution but if you want to know the reason read on.

The bits within the {} are rules.  You have two rules separated by a comma.  InboundCallRoute rules are evaluated left to right and the first, and ONLY the first one, to be satisfied is acted on.  In your case there is no test or condition in {ph1,ph2} so it is always satisfied and used.  Your second rule {li(xxxxxxxxx)} doesn't even get looked at.

Ruckus

ahh ok now we're getting somewhere, my ph1 and ph2 rang once, then stopped and my cell phone started ringing and my phone i dialed from said "702-xxx-xxxx has joined the call" where the 702 number is my gvoice number.

so any way i can get all of them to ring until one is picked up?

thanks so much for your help so far :)