News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Tutorial for setting up Auto Attendant for Obi Phones

Started by Michaeldaquila, March 28, 2017, 07:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveInWA

That's swell, but the OP's use of 13 GV numbers for business violates the Acceptable Use Policy, and will eventually be caught and suspended.  It's simply a terrible idea for a business phone system.

drgeoff

Quote from: SteveInWA on November 25, 2021, 12:22:51 PM
That's swell, but the OP's use of 13 GV numbers for business violates the Acceptable Use Policy, and will eventually be caught and suspended.  It's simply a terrible idea for a business phone system.
This only needs 1 GV number.  It is also easily modified to work with any other ITSP that can be configured on an OBi.

themartinn

Thanks for your help drgeoff but I'm still having some issues with this.  I tried to send you a PM but that feature seems to be broken...

I have updated my inbound call route on SP1, outbound call route on the AA and the AA digit map as you indicated.  When I dial in and press "1" everything rings as expected.  When i press "2" and then dial an extension for example "01#" to reach extension "01" it says "please wait while i connect your call" beeps 3 times and then nothing happens.  Am I missing something?

Please feel free to respond here, or reach me via email jlatimer@spellcasterpro.com.

Thanks!

drgeoff

Quote from: themartinn on November 29, 2021, 08:07:58 AM
Thanks for your help drgeoff but I'm still having some issues with this.  I tried to send you a PM but that feature seems to be broken...

I have updated my inbound call route on SP1, outbound call route on the AA and the AA digit map as you indicated.  When I dial in and press "1" everything rings as expected.  When i press "2" and then dial an extension for example "01#" to reach extension "01" it says "please wait while i connect your call" beeps 3 times and then nothing happens.  Am I missing something?

Please feel free to respond here, or reach me via email jlatimer@spellcasterpro.com.

Thanks!

1. The PM function works to the extent that the message gets delivered to the recipient's Inbox but the recipient does not receive any notification.  I very rarely look to see if I have any new PMs and it could have been months before I saw yours today if you had not mentioned it in the public post.

Except where the matter really is private I discourage the use of PMs.  Questions do benefit from being seen by all of the many regulars here.

2.  You first step should be to have a look at the Call History.  That is not available via the obitalk.com portal, only by logging in directly to the phone's IP address.

In addition to the call in to the SP that your GV number is on you should see a separate record of the AA's outgoing call.  Is that there and does the called number correspond to what you expect?

themartinn

I also just noticed that my "front desk" phone which is running my auto attendant, can no longer dial OBiTalk numbers.  When I dial any of the 9 digit numbers from that phone it says "not a valid number" I assume this is something in the Outbound call routes?

James Latimer
609 707 1790
jlatimer@spellcasterpro.com

themartinn

Quote from: drgeoff on November 29, 2021, 09:14:48 AM
Quote from: themartinn on November 29, 2021, 08:07:58 AM

Thanks!

1. The PM function works to the extent that the message gets delivered to the recipient's Inbox but the recipient does not receive any notification.  I very rarely look to see if I have any new PMs and it could have been months before I saw yours today if you had not mentioned it in the public post.

Except where the matter really is private I discourage the use of PMs.  Questions do benefit from being seen by all of the many regulars here.

2.  You first step should be to have a look at the Call History.  That is not available via the obitalk.com portal, only by logging in directly to the phone's IP address.

In addition to the call in to the SP that your GV number is on you should see a separate record of the AA's outgoing call.  Is that there and does the called number correspond to what you expect?

So it looks like the phone running the auto attendant is receiving the call, and then forwarding.  And the receiving phone is showing "Ringing" but it never rings.

drgeoff

Quote from: themartinn on November 29, 2021, 09:23:08 AM
I also just noticed that my "front desk" phone which is running my auto attendant, can no longer dial OBiTalk numbers.  When I dial any of the 9 digit numbers from that phone it says "not a valid number" I assume this is something in the Outbound call routes?

James Latimer
609 707 1790
jlatimer@spellcasterpro.com
1.  My instructions don't make any alterations which impact dialling Obitalk numbers.

2.  My example AA Digit Map was missing the colon between 02 and the 9 digit OBi number.

3.  For troubleshooting I suggest you should just use a minimal AA Digit Map:

(0|01:600000001)

changing that 600000001 to the 9 digit Obi number of one of your other 2182s

drgeoff

Quote from: themartinn on November 29, 2021, 09:31:31 AM
So it looks like the phone running the auto attendant is receiving the call, and then forwarding.  And the receiving phone is showing "Ringing" but it never rings.
Are you 110% certain that it is ringing one of your OBis, not one of the thousands of others?

azrobert

drgeoff

Quote from: azrobert on November 29, 2021, 10:09:12 AM
Quote from: drgeoff on November 25, 2021, 08:17:48 AM

2.  AA OutboundCallRoute

{0:ph},{xxxxxxxxx:pp}

SB
{0:ph},{(xxxxxxxxx):pp}

Yes, indeed!  Proof of my remark above that posts on the forum are better than 1 to 1 PMs.  :)

themartinn

Quote from: drgeoff on November 29, 2021, 09:56:14 AM
Are you 110% certain that it is ringing one of your OBis, not one of the thousands of others?

Yes, I logged in to the web interface for for the phone that is "01" and it shows an incoming call in the log.  But never rang.

drgeoff

Quote from: themartinn on November 29, 2021, 11:08:07 AM

Yes, I logged in to the web interface for for the phone that is "01" and it shows an incoming call in the log.  But never rang.
Try forwarding to one of your other 2182s.

themartinn

Quote from: drgeoff on November 29, 2021, 11:18:51 AM
Quote from: themartinn on November 29, 2021, 11:08:07 AM

Try forwarding to one of your other 2182s.

Tried all extensions and it seems to be doing the same thing.  When I check the call history on the phone that should be receiving the call via its extension I get the following in the call log.

3:50 pm   From SP1(+1609*******)    To PH1
3:50 pm      Ringing
3:50 pm   Call Ended

The +1609******* being my cell phone number

azrobert

Do you have the same GV number defined on all your phones? It looks like the call is coming in from GV on SP1, not from OBiTalk and routed to the attached phone. You need to prevent GV from routing the call. Set the X_InboundCallRoute on SP1 to {}

Did you make the change I posted above? It won't work without the change. When you don't include the parentheses, you are defining a literal and are checking for 9 x's.

You potentially have another problem. I'm assuming with 13 phones you will have several simultaneous calls. My 1032 defaults to a max of 4 sessions on the SP Service and 2 on OBiTalk Service. If you reach these limits, any subsequent call will fail. You need to increase these settings. The parm is MaxSessions. I don't know if there is a limit on the size of MaxSessions.

PDX_Mark

Quote from: SteveInWA on November 25, 2021, 12:22:51 PM

Blah, blah, blah

You would think this guy worked for Google or the competition the way he always discourages the use of Google  Voice for anything.