News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Configuration of Callcentric Account

Started by bnwbass, March 29, 2017, 05:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bnwbass

Need some advice on how to get this working.

I have  signed up for Callcentric Account.  Added my device which is a OBi200.
What would cause the "Register Failed: 403 Incorrect Authentication" message for SP1?

Thx
Bnw

SteveInWA

Without more details from you, it's difficult to determine the cause, but an "educated guess" would be that you didn't realize that there are two different passwords that need to be set up.

When you establish an account with Callcentric, just like any website, you entered an account username and account password.  Those are only used to access your account on their website.

When you want to set up a SIP endpoint (either a software phone or an ATA or an IP phone), you also need to create a set of SIP credentials.  The SIP username is your 1777xxxxxxx account number.  You need to manually assign a SIP password for each "extension" you want to use.  Enter the 1777xxxxxxx username and SIP password on the OBiTALK website for Callcentric.

Use the OBiTALK web portal to set up your OBi device, not the device's internal webpage (192.168.x.x or 10.0.x.x).

On the OBiTALK web portal, click the SPx you want to set up.  On the next page, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and click the link that says "OBiTALK Compatible Service Providers".  On the next page, click on Callcentric.  On the credentials page, fill in those two fields, and submit.  Done.

SteveInWA

Here's a screenshot showing the two separate password fields.

bnwbass

Thank you SteveInWA, that did the trick (password).

Another quick question, Callcentric is now setup as SP1.  If I also want to add GV as SP2, how does this work in terms of primary default line. I know that SP1 is by default but if I want to make and receive calls using GV how do I switch to SP2?

TIA
bnw

restamp

If you want to direct a given call to SP2, prefix the number you wish to call with "**2".  For example, to call 800-555-1212 using SP2 you'd dial "**28005551212".

If you receive a call on SP2, the phone just rings and you pick it up.  (You may want to consider changing the ring tone so that you can differentiate SP1 from SP2 calls.)

To make SP2 the default device to dial out on, from Expert Mode on the website: Physical Interfaces -> Phone 1 (or Phone 2 if you have one) -> Primary Line -> SP2 Service

SteveInWA

Quote from: bnwbass on March 30, 2017, 11:25:25 AM
Thank you SteveInWA, that did the trick (password).

Another quick question, Callcentric is now setup as SP1.  If I also want to add GV as SP2, how does this work in terms of primary default line. I know that SP1 is by default but if I want to make and receive calls using GV how do I switch to SP2?

TIA
bnw

There is no need to get into OBi Expert mode.  Just click on SP1 and SP2, and make the setting there.