News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New to VoIP need to keep AT&T landline # but keep it simple

Started by bnwbass, March 29, 2017, 09:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bnwbass

Hello all,

I have bought the OBi 200 device and want to setup my service.  So many providers and options make the decision harder than it should be so I am asking for a bit of advice based on the experienced users.

My requirements are simple;

1.  I need to keep my current AT&T analogue landline phone #
(I know GV only ports mobile # and I don't want to do the trans to sim card etc.).

2.  Minutes per month usage is very low ~200 US only no international.

Which service can offer no hassle porting my existing number and low cost monthly option.

Thx
Bnw

LTN1

Log into your www.obitalk.com site with your Google ID. On the left column, there should be links for approved service providers for home. Based on your usage, it seems like Anveo's basic plan would be the cheapest for you. Otherwise, PhonePower may be better if you want to go unlimited.

ProfTech

As LTN1 said, there are many providers available. I've tried several but keep coming back to Callcentric. I have no affiliation but have been a customer of both their free service and their paid service for about 6 years. If you're looking for "set it and forget it" and call quality as good as you had with the phone company they can provide it. You will pay a little more than some of the other voip providers but IMO their features and service can't be beat. They offer features that you can't get from Ma Bell at any price and they are all included in the standard price. If you go with their Unlimited inbound and North America Basic outbound plans you get 120 minutes of outbound calls, unlimited inbound, and 911 service all for $7.90 per month. If you go over 120 minutes you just pay for what you use at 1.8 cents per minute with no penalty. Their telemarketer blocking is worth the price just for that feature if you've had the number for years. I recently set up a relative and in the first month I think their phone only rang 2 or 3 times with a telemarketer! Callcentric blocked out probably over a hundred calls. They work nights so it has been a huge success. Note that each [telemarketer] call counts about a minute from your balance that's why I only recommend the unlimited inbound package @ $5.95. YMMV

bnwbass