News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Connect OBi202 to router?

Started by Peg_M, May 21, 2017, 06:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peg_M

Hi all,
Currently, I have this setup: Modem-->Obi202-->SageMcom router, as recommended by VOIP provider Phonepower.  I use Google Voice and everything works fine.

The problem is that ISP Optimum can't see router and thus can't update its firmware.  ISP want this setup:  Modem-->Sagemcom router-->Obi202 in order to see router.

Has anyone set things up like this?  Any problems using Google Voice?
Many thanks, Peg M

drgeoff

Modem --- Router --- Obi202 with the Obi changed from router mode to bridge mode would be my recommendation.

The easiest way to put the 202 into bridge mode is to dial ***0.  At the voice prompt enter 31#.  The current value (zero) will be read out to you followed by more prompts.  Dial 1 to enter a new value.  Enter 1 (for bridge mode) followed by # .  Enter 1 to save.  Hangup.  If the Obi does not reboot, force one by removing the power to it for a few seconds.

If you have not changed the OBi from the default of getting its IP settings by DHCP there are no other changes needed.  If you have set them manually you will need to change them to be suitable for the private subnet on the LAN side of the router.

GV will be fine.

Peg_M

Hi Dr Geoff,
Many thanks for your clear reply.  I'll try it.  Best, Peg M