News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obiEXTRAS

Started by NickM, December 18, 2015, 02:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NickM

Does anyone know how to get any of the obiExtras features to work?
I can not for the life of me figure out how to get the alarm monitoring, or fax service to work.

Marketing

Please try the following:

1. Log in to your OBiTALK account
2. Select "Solutions" (left column)
3. Cancel your OBiEXTRAs subscriptions
4. Go back to your Dashboard and re-subscribe to OBiEXTRAs again. At this point, you will be prompted to upgrade your device. Please do so.
5. Give OBiEXTRAs a try again.

Please reach out to our support team if you still have issues.

Thank you.
Obihai Technology

Ansextra

If I have two phone lines + 2 GV lines set up on my Obi202 will the GV directory go to both my phone lines?  In other words, does everything become common between the two?

H8245

Quote from: Marketing on December 18, 2015, 06:15:08 PM

4. Go back to your Dashboard and re-subscribe to OBiEXTRAs again. At this point, you will be prompted to upgrade your device. Please do so.
5. Give OBiEXTRAs a try again.

Please reach out to our support team if you still have issues.

Thank you.
Obihai Technology

I have also attempted to subscribe to OBiEXTRAs several times without success. Each time after waiting for the update to process, the web page returns stating to wait an additional two minutes before refreshing the page. I would follow the manual update procedure, however that process bricked another of my 202 devices. My opinion is that the firmware should be pulled until a working solution is provided.

NoHomePhone

How does the OBi Fax work?

My VoIP provide will sell me regular voip accounts or they charge special much higher rates for a voip fax line, do I have to pay for a special fax line through them PLUS the obiextras or can i use any voip account or extension?  If I buy their 'special' voip account and obiextras its almost as much as a physical hardwired line.

Can I just take any voip number on any provider and turn it into a obiextras fax without any changes to my providers account?

Please advise
VoIP Adapter         : Obi202
VoIP Provider         : CallCentric, FreePhoneLine, GoogleVoice, Voip.ms

BigJim_McD

ObiEXTRAs  -  Information, Issues, Solutions?
#=================================================#
I've worked with Obihai Tech Support on some of the issues after activating the TRIAL of ObiExtras.  I would advise you to not activate the feature on an OBi device at this time unless you have a "SPARE" OBi device that you don't use for regular phone service.

I swapped the one I'm testing from my "Primary" OBi for phone service to a "Clone" that is for backup and testing only.   During testing, I've seen what appears to be reboots several times, device not responding and I keep loosing access to the test OBi202's local web admin interface.  The previous  stated issues have become less frequent with time and appear to have been resolved

ObiEXTRAs  -  Information, Issues, Solutions?
#=================================================#
2015-12-27 - Update: There are now Solutions to Three OBiEXTRAs issues.
I have no idea what issues Obihai Technical Support is still working on as they haven't contacted me for several days.    

ModelName                   OBi202
HardwareVersion      1.4  
SoftwareVersion      3.1.0 (Build: 5110)  
SystemTime         12:57:22 12/27/2015, Sunday  
UpTime            0 Days 0:37:02 (6)  
CertificatesStatus      Installed  
CustomizationStatus      Generic  
PhoneBookEntries      474 Unique Name/Number Pairs
OBiExtras            UnLocked

ObiEXTRAs features that I'm testing:

1)  Import Google Contacts <:  "Reports" as successful, appears to work now.

2)  Caller ID/Name (from Google Contacts) <: Only works with calls received on an SP port configured to receive Google Voice Calls via Google Chat.

3)  Caller ID/Name (from Google Contacts) <: Does NOT work for Google Voice calls forwarded to other Service Providers such as voip.ms, etc.

4)  Caller ID/Name (from Google Contacts) <: Does NOT work for Google Voice Contacts that have an entry that includes "iNums".

5)  OBi Voice Command via * <:  Working better now.

6)  Business 411 via **  <:  Working better now.

7)  Lack of "Documentation" is still a major issue to implementing OBiEXTRAs.

My recommendation is that for now, don't activate OBiEXTRAs unless you have:
  1) A spare OBi200 or OBi202.
  2) You have "Premium Technical Support" active for the device.
  3) A lot of time to wait for a solution to the issues.
#–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––#
BigJimMcD

BigJim_McD

Quote from: Marketing on December 18, 2015, 06:15:08 PM

Cancel your OBiEXTRAs subscriptions  is no longer an option and does not appear as an option to select.
BigJimMcD

Taoman

Quote from: BigJim_McD on January 04, 2016, 01:19:11 PM

Cancel your OBiEXTRAs subscriptions  is no longer an option and does not appear as an option to select.

Reminds me of that old Eagles song "Hotel California."

"You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave!"  :D

SteveInWA

Quote from: Taoman on January 04, 2016, 05:01:10 PM
Quote from: BigJim_McD on January 04, 2016, 01:19:11 PM

Reminds me of that old Eagles song "Hotel California."

"You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave!"  :D

Off-topic, but I was actually just thinking about that very same song today, with regard to the second person who tried to use Consumer Cellular as an intermediate mobile carrier when porting a land line into GV.  It's freaking impossible to get CC to cooperate and port out a number without something going wrong.  I guess their target clientele is senior citizens, so they just assume their customers will die before porting out.

BigJim_McD

I am a senior that plans to "Check-Out. 

I'm not that impressed (at this time) with obiEXTRAs and not really planning on keeping the service once the "Trial" is over.  So far it's been a rather bumpy road and I don't really have the patience to make use of the "Voice Dialing" feature and I'm totally unimpressed with the value of importing my Google Voice contacts for CNAM compared to the results I get from using the Phone list in voip.ms along with CNAM lookup. 

I expect that they will let me out once my "Trial" time is over and I haven't and will not furnish any billing information to pay for the service.
BigJimMcD

lrosenman

I have a script setup that loads all my google contacts in to my Asterisk RPI, and then have asterisk use that.

Hairpin from the Obi to the asterisk box and back to the ph* ports.

Works well.

TidBit5150

So far, not impressed with the OBiExtras. The importing of Google Contacts works only FAIR. It imports Contacts, yet sometimes it says "mob" after the name, and sometimes it doesn't. There needs to be a way of "Deleting" the contact database then uploading a revised contact list. It also does not show numbers for contacts that are listed as "Other" or a "Custom" field. Name area comes up as "Unavailable", which is NO GOOD when you have multiple numbers for a contact.

NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL
--JP (TidBit5150)
Google Voice Product Expert
https://support.google.com/profile/16010
Google Voice Help Forum
http://productforums.google.com/d/forum/voice

MOCadmin

I've been using ObiExtras on OBO1022. No hiccups other than the following inquiry.

I know you can receive faxes, but how do you send faxes?

drgeoff

Quote from: MOCadmin on September 25, 2017, 01:53:22 PM
I've been using ObiExtras on OBO1022. No hiccups other than the following inquiry.

I know you can receive faxes, but how do you send faxes?
Obi10x2 phones play no part in the sending or receiving of faxes. Except for acoustic couplers which died out soon after the dodo there is no way to usefully attach a physical fax machine or a software equivalent running on a computer to the phone.

You send a fax in exactly the same as you would if you did not have an OBi phone or OBiEXTRAS.

SupTeamGuy

That is correct.  The OBi1000 series, with OBiEXTRAs's Fax-to-Email, is just that, incoming faxed document (from a fax machine), to your Google Voice account phone number that you designate for OBiEXTRAs (on SP1, or SP2, or SP3, or SP4, or SP5, or SP6), will be directed to any email inbox and view as .pdf format.

For outgoing faxes, you must use a OBi2 series ATA Adaptoer, such as OBi200 device, or OBi202 device.  Connect the fax macine line to the phone port and utilize Google Voice service.  And also you can use the OBi200 device to signup for OBiEXTRAs for Fax-to-Email.

Best,
SupTeamGuy