News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setting up google voice..google voice has no numbers!

Started by JeffD, April 15, 2017, 08:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffD

So a home phone line that is with spectrums VOIP is not able to be transfered to google voice so I attempted to create a new number. No matter what cities near me or my zip code, google voice says it has no numbers. Is google voice just downright broken and neglect? I don't really want to make the home phone number on obihai as I would run into yet another number that isn't portable.

LTN1

At what stage of your search, does it not yield any available numbers? Can you post a snapshot?

For example, when I tried to see if there are numbers that I can change to, I get the below options (attached JPG).

JeffD

It was that screen you screen shotted. I had just tied a 386 mobile number to it for forwarding and then trying our code and near by cities it was saying no numbers available.

LTN1

See attached when I tried to find some 386 numbers.

One of our esteemed forum members, SteveInWA, a GV expert, if he catches this post, may be able to provide you with more advice.

SteveInWA

Quote from: JeffD on April 15, 2017, 09:10:06 AM
It was that screen you screen shotted. I had just tied a 386 mobile number to it for forwarding and then trying our code and near by cities it was saying no numbers available.

How, exactly, in detail, are you attempting to search for a number?  Post screenshot(s).

Without knowing that, all I can do is guess.  If you are being too restrictive in your search, by typing in both an area code and a city name, or a string of digits, you won't get any search results.  If you simply type in the desired area code, you will usually see a list of available numbers.  However, Google's supply of phone numbers in certain area codes may be depleted at the time of your search.  Again, it's impossible to give you a better answer, unless you explain what you are doing.

JeffD

I tried again a few minutes ago from the main google voice page as it was configured and it had a claim number prompt at the button.. took me to a different style of screen where I simply typed in the area code I wanted and quickly picked up a number. The screen shot above what I saw when doing the initial account setup so it takes you through a different series of pages then what I just now used. Everything except e911 is configured now so painless setup. Is there anything on the google voice page that shows it is tied to the obihai or is it pretty invisible until you get to obitalk's site?