News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cable Modem Random Resets after OBI110 install - Google Voice + Cable Phone

Started by Andrew, August 01, 2011, 11:01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

Yesterday I installed the obi110 to my router, and now my cable modem randomly resets.

System Components: Internet Modem = Motorola SB6120, Router = Asus RT-16 with Tomato Firmware, Asus Gigabyte switch, OBI 110 and Charter Cable Company supplied modem for charter telephone service.

Configuration: I have a phone cable hooked up from obi's phone port to my phone jack on the wall.  And I have a cable connected from OBI's line port to charter cable's telephone modem (I have existing telephone service with charter and internet service with charter also). 

When internet modem (SB6120) is not resetting, the phone system works perfectly.  Incoming calls to my google voice number and to my charter phone number will ring my home phones.  Outgoing calls are made with the google voice number.  Again I need to point out that when the SB6120 is not resetting everything works fine. 

THE PROBLEM:  After hooking up the obi 110 (this was yesterday) the SB6120 randomly resets.  Primarily while talking on the phone. 

Please help!

RonR

Posting the same message multiple times is generally considered bad etiquette and frowned upon.

You should be contacting Charter Cable and/or Motorola as it's the Motorola modem that's crashing, not the OBi.  Regardless of what an Ethernet device might be sending, the Motorola modem should not crash.

The fault is with the Motorola modem.