News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI202 in the Philippines

Started by chesterO, April 23, 2017, 07:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chesterO

Hi,

I am currently planning on using OBi202 here in the Philippines. However, I hadn't see any post related to  Local call here. I believed Google Voice is not available here as well. I wish someone could help set up an OBi product.

I am staying here in the Philippines.

Chester

drgeoff

If you set up GV on an Obi while in the USA, it will continue to work in most parts of the world.

TomL

I am interested to know if anyone has use the OBI202 with GV in the Philippines with success. I know Vonage devices MJ devices work there fine but have had some softphones not work there blocked from signing in outside the USA. I noticed Goggle Voice does not sign in Philippines without using a proxy server. Unit I am using would already be setup in USA.

drgeoff

Quote from: TomL on August 10, 2017, 08:07:10 PM
I am interested to know if anyone has use the OBI202 with GV in the Philippines with success. I know Vonage devices MJ devices work there fine but have had some softphones not work there blocked from signing in outside the USA. I noticed Goggle Voice does not sign in Philippines without using a proxy server. Unit I am using would already be setup in USA.
Blocking can be performed either under government direction or as a business decision by an ISP.  In the latter case experience with one ISP is not a reliable guide to what will happen with another.

I have no knowledge about such matters in the Philippines.

LTN1

Quote from: TomL on August 10, 2017, 08:07:10 PM

GV and the OBi should work in the Philippines--unless a particular ISP blocks it there for whatever the reason.

Here are a list of countries known to block GV and probably VoIP in general:

Countries where calling in Hangouts and Gmail is not available

Argentina
    China
    Cuba
    Egypt
    Ghana
    India (Users in India can make calls to all countries except to locations within India.)
    Iran
    Jordan
    Kenya
    Mexico
    Morocco
    Myanmar
    Nigeria
    North Korea
    Peru
    Russian Federation
    Saudi Arabia
    Senegal
    South Korea
    Sudan
    Syria
    Thailand
    United Arab Emirates
    Vietnam

See https://support.google.com/hangouts/answer/3205646?visit_id=1-636380730331085594-1080182420&hl=en&rd=2

It doesn't seem like the Philippines is on the list.