News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

3 Obi100s and 1 OBi202 stopped ringing, confused about config...

Started by rufusputnam, April 26, 2017, 07:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rufusputnam

I have 4 OBi units at different locations. Three are OBi100s, one is an OBi202. They are tied to one GV account, and all phones (plus cell) used to ring when the GV number is called.

I have OBiTalk AutoProvisioning OFF on all of them because when I originally set them up, there were some issues, and one of the OBi experts on the forum helped me get things working by using local provisioning. All has worked ok since then.

But for some reason recently my OBi units stopped ringing on incoming GV calls. I can still place outgoing calls on them. My cell phone rings on incoming GV calls so it appears my GV account is functioning.

I checked the OBi dashboard and something seems different than the past: All 3 OBi100s have GV service as both SP1 and SP2. I don't recall that in the past. I think only one of the SPs was GV, the other was OBiTalk or perhaps something else (not sure my memory is correct about that....)

Anyway, I noticed that on each unit the SP1 service [VOICE SERVICES: SP1 SERVICE: X_InboundCallRoute] contained the other three units' OBi numbers in the field (i.e., "ph,pp(300xxxxxx),pp(300xxxxxx),pp(300xxxx)", but the SP2 service setup's [VOICE SERVICES: SP1 SERVICE: X_InboundCallRoute] only had "ph" in the field.

So, for testing purposes, I changed the SP2 field to the same as the SP1 field (i.e., "ph,pp(300xxxxxx),pp(300xxxxxx),pp(300xxxx)")....and things started working again.

So...question is: why do my units suddenly have TWO instances of GV service, on SP1 and SP2? And did I do the right thing by adding the other units' OBi numbers to the second SP2 field to get things working again? Or should I delete the SP2 GV service?

I'm obviously no expert on this...I would humbly appreciate if someone more knowledgeable than me could advise why things changed and how these units should be setup for proper operation...

Thanks much...