News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Question about obitalk for my business

Started by story97, May 05, 2017, 03:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

story97

I just set up two phones for home use using google voice.

I'd like to consider setting up and migrating off 8x8 to obitalk. I don't see anyone talking about 8x8. well, I should say, when I searched 8x8 I saw 0 results.

I had nextiva for several years, and around 5 years ago i switched to 8x8.

I had the same phone when i switched so i'm thinking this might be doable.

I have an old Cisco SPA525G phone.

Is that compatible with any of the ObiTalk adapters?

SteveInWA

Obihai, the company, makes OBi-branded Analog Telephone Adapters (ATAs) and IP phones.  "OBiTALK" is Obihai's name for their own, peer-to-peer telephony service (calling between OBi-branded devices only).  It is not a competitor to 8x8 nor any other SIP ITSP that provides inbound or outbound calling over the PSTN.  So no, OBiTALK is not a business telephone service.

The question isn't whether or not to use a Cisco IP phone with an OBi ATA (which would be redundant, since IP phones already connect to VoIP with their built-in circuitry), but what business telephone requirements you are trying to fill, and which combination of hardware and service provider best meets your needs.

You could either buy OBi IP phone(s) and use them with 8x8 (if they will permit you to use your SIP credentials), or you can buy OBi IP phone(s) and use them with any other SIP ITSP (e.g. Anveo, Callcentric, PhonePower, voip.ms).