News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

no obi202 outgoing calls -- error msg 603

Started by Remus, May 06, 2017, 07:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remus

Error 603 msg for all outgoing calls: "the number you dialed was rejected by the service provider, the reason is 603".  Incoming calls are fine.  After a good couple years with my obi202, all outgoing calls now encounter 603 error message.  The issue began upon relocating in Kentucky from California. 

SteveInWA

How about telling us which service provider(s) you are using?  If more than one, do all of them fail?

Can you call the OBi echo test number?  **9 222 222 222

Remus

Hello Steve!  You point out a couple good items, thanks!  I have been and am only using Google Voice which works fine from a Macbook and Android.  The **9 222 222 222 echo test echoes just fine.  Holding the reset button on the bottom of the obi202 device doesn't help.  Yesterday the device updated firmware which I assume had been deployed while the device has been offline for the past couple weeks.  Thanks! 

SteveInWA

Thanks.

Open a web browser, and log into only the one Google account you are using for Google Voice.  Be certain that you are logged into the correct Google account, and not some other account you may also use.  Leave that browser tab open.  Press Ctrl-T to open another tab in the same web browser.

Log into your OBiTALK web portal account.  Is your OBi listed there?  If not, add it, using the **5 procedure.

Delete the Google Voice SPx completely (click the trash can icon).  Wait a few minutes for the OBi to be remotely reset and rebooted by OBiTALK.  Then, click on the SPx (e.g. SP1) you want to use for Google Voice, and go through the steps to configure Google Voice on the OBi.  When it asks for your permission to use the Chat service on your Google account, make sure that the Gmail address it displays is the same as the one in the other browser tab.  Complete the procedure.

Does it work now?

Remus

Hi Steve.  Excellent!  Wonderful.  Thanks so much!  Going through your process I noticed by default that Line 2 does NOT have outgoing calls checked, and I accidentally set up my obi202 with my phone plugged into Line 2.  Oops!  User error!  Technology often does exactly what you tell it to do.  Again, THANKS!

SteveInWA

Thanks for the feedback, and I'm glad to hear that going over everything again helped discover the DOH! error.

alm260

I was getting the same error message and found out it was because the person on the other end had my number blocked because they didn't recognize it.