News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New router and can't make calls: error code 00 no ip address

Started by magicwine, May 07, 2017, 09:19:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magicwine

Hello - My obihai always worked fine until today when Verizon replaced my router today with the same model. Now when I try to call (I use Google Voice as my provider) I receive: error code 00 no ip address.

In my obihai settings I did change the network ssid and password.

I have tried the troubleshooting tips here both rebooting my router and Obihai 101 several times, but nothing works. I obtained my new ip address and logged into my router and don't see the obihai device listed.

What do I need to do to fix this? My phone icon on my obihai is not lit. I am using the wireless adapter in my obihai as I always have.

Thanks for your help.

Bob

drgeoff

Connect the OBi to your router with an ethernet cable.  Does the power LED become steady green?  If yes look in your router's GUI for the IP address of the OBi.  Log in to the OBi and configure the OBiWiFI.

magicwine

Dear Dr. Geoff. I connected to the ethernet, green phone light lit.

Then disconnected and reconnected using wifi adapter, and it works!

Thank you so much for this simple tip. Why doesn't obihai have this as a troubleshooting tip for the 00 error code? In fact, I found no obihai info on this error code, only some helpers here making suggestions to the users, some helped, some didn't but none applied to my situation: unable to make calls after router was replaced.

Have a great Sunday.

Thank you again!
Bob

drgeoff

I guess the explanation is.

1.  You use the Obitalk portal for configuring.

2.  The new router had different Wi-Fi settings from the old one.  So the OBi device was not connected to the router and hence also not to the portal.

3.  You put the new Wi-Fi settings into the portal.

4.  Because there was no Wi-Fi connection between OBi device and router, the new settings could not be downloaded by the portal into the OBi.

5.  You connected the OBi to the router by cable.  That enabled the OBi and portal to communicate again.  The new Wi-Fi settings were downloaded into the OBi.

6.  You disconnected the ethernet cable and the now working Wi-Fi connection took over providing normal service as before.