News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Two obis, one GV number, one CC account, only one phone rings

Started by CurtP, May 13, 2017, 12:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CurtP

I just added an OBiPhone 1062 to my OBi200. Using GV as SP1 and CC as SP2. (also a cell phone that is currently detached and not an issue.) Both phones can call out, and both see my single GV number as their number. If Google Chat is enabled and CC disabled in GV, both phones ring for incoming. If I enable CC and disable Google Chat in GV, only the OBiPhone rings, no ring on the OBi200 and just a dial tone on that line if I "answer" it. Dialing my CC DID also only rings the one phone.

Both phones are listed as registered on CC, though to get the second line to register I had to add it as an extension. In OBitalk Expert I tried various settings for X_InboundCallRoute on the working phone, notably {ph, pb(obxxxxxxxxx)}. This causes the ObiAttendant to ask the caller to press 1 to continue the call, which rings the second line but stops the first line.

I'm guessing if I pay for another CC account (for E911 and CallerID), then I could add the second account to GV and forward to both CC accounts, getting 911 and CallerID on both lines and notably getting the second line to ring, not just the first. But I'd rather not pay for two accounts for the same single GV number.

I'd appreciate any help.

azrobert

Define a Call Treatment on Callcentric to simultaneous ring both extensions. The main account defaults to extension 100.

Click Call treatments
Click Add New Call Treatment
Select Simultaneous Ringing
Define both extensions

OR

Remove the code in the target OBi's OBiTalk InboundCallRoute that routes the call to the Auto Attendant. It will look something like:
{OBi_Number:aa}

CurtP

Thanks very much. I just returned to add this post that I had figured it out by adding a call treatment and I see that's your first suggestion. The second phone is extension 101 and now I have a call treatment that rings both 100 and 101 extensions, and all is working fine. I'll take a look at your second option too, though I'll probably stick with this first solution.