News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi508vs call forwarding *73

Started by oak949, May 17, 2017, 12:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oak949

Did anyone observe that if a voice line say SP4 get forwarded to an outside number by a user dialing *72,  multiple sp Lines get forwarded?
When I access the box directly by IP, I go to Voice Services > SP4 Service > Calling Features: I see CallForwardUnconditionalEnable (check) with CallForwardUnconditionalNumber : (ph4)4155551212. This is correct. But I  also see this on ph5, ph6.

It is not clear it this is done by a user error (For instance: did the user first dial ** 5 to switch the ph5 and then forward ph5 )or by a software bug.

Please advice

azrobert

I don't own an OBi508, so I'm not sure it functions the same as a 200 or 100 series OBi.

I'm assuming you entered *72 from phone port4 and want to forward calls from SP4.

The OBi phone ports are NOT associated with a specific SP trunk. You need to set the Primary Line for each phone port to direct outbound calls to a specific trunk. You need to set the inbound route for each trunk to direct inbound calls to a specific phone port. Dialing *72 will enable call forwarding on all trunks.

If you want to only enable call forwarding on SP4, make the following change to the Star Code Profile:

Star Codes -> Star Code Profile A -> Code7:
*72, Cfwd, coll(sp4($Cfan)), set(sp4($Cfa),1)

When I dial *72 on my OBi110 I get a tone. I then enter the forwarding number and get another tone. The forwarding is enabled with the forwarding number for only the trunk specified.

*73 will disable forwarding for all trunks unless you make the same mod.

On an OBi1xxx or OBi2xxx the forwarding number would be sp4(4155551212)
I'm not sure your (ph4)4155551212 is an error or how the OBi508 works.

Edit:
If you always forward to the same number, you can manually set the Forwarding Number then enable and disable forwarding with the following:

*72, Cfwd, set(sp4($Cfa),1)
*73, Disable Cfwd, set(sp4($Cfa), 0)

oak949

Thank you for your explanation. I think the OBi508 has a similar chip set as the 100 or 200 series. Most things seem to work.

Is this syntax pair correct?
*72, Cfwd, coll(sp4($Cfan)), set(sp4($Cfa),1
*73, Disable Cfwd coll(sp4($Cfan)), set(sp4($Cfa), 0)

The forwarding number would be right sp4(4155551212) probably. I was typing it in from memory.

azrobert

Try this:
*72, Cfwd, coll(sp4($Cfan)), set(sp4($Cfa),1)
*73, Disable Cfwd, set(sp4($Cfa),0)

You were missing the ending parenthesis on *72.
I had a typo in *73, inserting a blank after the last comma.
In most cases the OBi will accept blanks for readability. I don't know if it will accept a blank here.
"coll(sp4($Cfan))" will accept the forwarding number for SP4 after you dial *72. You don't need/want this code to disable forwarding.

oak949

Still get this to work. I get phone 1 to work, but if I use phone 2 to dial forwarding , it effects the settings in SP1??

This is what I have: (I am using Obi202 for testing)
Voice Services > SP1 Service
X_ServProvProfile A
X_RingProfile A
X_CodecProfile A

Voice Services > SP2 Service
X_ServProvProfile B
X_RingProfile B
X_CodecProfile B

I am not sure which setting effect which the star profile is being used by which line. 

Star code Profile A
*32, Cfwd All, coll(SP1($Cfan)), set(SP1($Cfa),1)
*33, Disable Cfwd, set(SP1($Cfa), 0)

Star code Profile B
*32, Cfwd All, coll(SP2($Cfan)), set(SP2($Cfa), 1)
*33, Disable Cfwd, set(SP2($Cfa), 0)

If I pick up the second line and dial *33 18001112222# the number get set in SP1 Profile.
But if I pick up the second line and dial *33 18002223333# the number get set in SP1 Profile.

So it looks like both phone use the same star profile.

Please advice.

azrobert

The Star Code profile is set by parm "StarCodeProfile" under Calling Features on the Phone Port.