News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

(Solved) OBi202 - calls not forwarding on no answer/busy when line is in use

Started by Xirtno, May 19, 2017, 09:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xirtno

Hi,

I have an OBi202 set up for a few months now, and everything was working correctly til recently.

The way it was set up is for 2 lines, where SP1 only rings on PHONE1, and SP2 only rings on PHONE2. I dialed the star codes for SP1 on PHONE1 to forward calls when busy/unanswered to SP2 on PHONE2. The accounts are separate google voice accounts which go to different people.

What I'm experiencing now is that if SP1 on PHONE1 is in use, it does not forward incoming calls to the second line anymore. I've tested this dozens of times with different configurations on both the device (through the IP address) and the OBi Expert configuration.

I don't understand what happened, it was working fine prior and I made no changes to it. No settings I make in any interface seem to work. I've tested the star codes, the config in the device to manually enable and set the forwarding numbers on both the device and the expert config, and combinations of all 3. Nothing seems to get it to work anymore.

If SP1 on PHONE1 is not in use, it forwards on no answer to SP2 on PHONE2 perfectly fine.

If I enable call waiting, that works so I know the service knows there is a call there.

Anybody have any suggestions? I'm new to the configuration and trying to figure it out as I go but nothing seems to work.

Thanks in advance

--EDIT--

As another note, when I remove SP2 from the device, SP1 forwards correctly to the SP2 number when it is in use and rings on the google voice account for the SP2 number on the voice web app.

azrobert

How are you making phone1 busy? You can't just take it off-hook, it must be on an active call. This is how it worked in the past, I haven't tested this recently.

Xirtno

QuoteHow are you making phone1 busy? You can't just take it off-hook, it must be on an active call. This is how it worked in the past, I haven't tested this recently.

When I test, I am calling SP1 on my cell phone, picking it up, then have someone else call SP1 while that call is active.

azrobert

Quote from: Xirtno on May 19, 2017, 09:31:59 AM
As another note, when I remove SP2 from the device, SP1 forwards correctly to the SP2 number when it is in use and rings on the google voice account for the SP2 number on the voice web app.

If you just want to forward the call to Phone2, set the forwarding number to "ph2" without the quotes.

There has been strange behavior reported in the past with the forwarding function, so make sure you are current with the latest firmware.

http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-1-1-5657.fw

Xirtno

To anybody with a similar issue:

I'm not sure why but when i have the settings so both ring on both lines, it rings and forwards correctly. so the set-up I have now that is working:

PHONE 1PHONE 2
OUTGOING
SP1
SP2
INCOMING
SP1, SP2
SP1, SP2

not really sure why it doesn't like having each separated by phone port, and it seems to work fine; until i find a better solution, which may be just another obi200 to handle the second line, this is what works for me where both lines ring on an incoming call and if SP1 is busy, it forwards correctly (via star code) to SP2.

as an additional note, I set it to forward BEFORE I set up SP2 in the OBi device. not sure if that made any difference.