News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Resolved - New setup - Unable to make outgoing calls. (MyNetFone)

Started by GarFin, May 18, 2017, 06:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GarFin

HELP Please!!,

Day two with my Obi110..
I've been steered along by DrGeoff with all the right information to get incoming calls working via AA .. Now i'm stuck on getting outbound to work. (I'm using MyNetFone, as my outbound SIP , incoming calls are PSTN..)
I've taken a look at this old thread - http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5192.0  But i think my situation is a little different.

Until now, I've been happily working for years using a Linksys SPA3102 with MyNetFone.  So when the Obi arrived - i figured i'd initially wire it up like so.

[Telephone Line]----[Spa3102]----[Obi110]----[Telephone Handset]

(Network - both are connected to router ethernet ports and have valid ip addresses etc)

With this config, incoming 'PSTN' calls work fine.. Outbound calls if i bypass the Obi110 work, as the dialling rules in the SPA3102 passes the outbound call to MyNetFone.  If however I bypass the SPA3102, calls will work, but going out like a normal PSTN call - not via MyNetFone.
(i'm still to work out how or if I can get MyNetFone 'registered' into the Obi110)

Hence, I thought if Obi is passing calls straight out to what it THINKS is a PSTN line... (but in reality its the Linksys)  and the Linksys is STILL doing the dialing rule to hand it off to MyNetFone , then everything SHOULD continue to function outbound, like it has, for these past years. (But no)..
I pick up the handset , hear a dialtone, dial a number ..wait.. then all i get what sounds like a engaged or no connection style tone.

-Garfin

*edit

Ooo.. I might have found a missing nugget:
Force the call out MNF on SP1:
Physical Interfaces->PHONE Port-> PrimaryLine = SP1 service

That, along with some copy/paste of proxy/user info etc from the old SPA3102.  

(further testing required , will advise.)

Ok, i think i'm in the home stretch... just need to get my mind around outbound dialing rules as used by Obi , compared to Spa Dial Plan:

(*xx.|000S0|121S0|151S0|181S0|<:03>[23456789]xxxxxxxS0|0[23478]xxxxxxxxS0|0011xxx.|1800xxxxxxS0|1300xxxxxxS0|13[1 - 9]xxxS0|<#0,:>xxx.<:@gw0>|xxx.)

drgeoff

It is not essential that the Primary Line is set to SP1, although that is the default for all OBi except the OBi110.  The OBi110 has it defaulting to the LINE port, perhaps because in most cases when a PSTN line is used with an OBi110 it will offer the most reliable way of contacting the emergency service numbers.

The Digit Maps and OutbounfCallRoute in OBis are more powerful than the Linksys ones and can be configured to selectively send calls out on different providers.  With a wide range of granularities - eg picking out all international calls or some countries or some area codes or even individual phone numbers.  And in many cases there is more than one way to skin the same cat.

There is a good tutorial at http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBi-DigitMapCallRoute-Tutorial-v1-1.pdf and the relevant section of the 'bible' starts at http://www.obihai.com/OBiDeviceAdminGuide#_Toc367543126.

Using both the SPA3102 and OBi110 is certainly not an optimum final configuration.  And don't rely too much on your previous experience with the SPA3102 as it could lead you astray.

GarFin

Thanks.. Yes, I'll very soon be pulling the SPA from the Hardware, NOW that i can get Obi to dial out thru MNF.

Let me see if i'm getting this right..

I wish to pre-pend an 03 to any 8 digit telephone number that is dialled, when the leading digit is 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 or 9

In Obi speak would that look like?
<03>[2-9]xxxxxxx

Also, how does the 'ISTP ProfileA DigitMap:'  differ from 'LinePort DigitMap:'  Is it a precedence thing ?

drgeoff

Quote from: GarFin on May 19, 2017, 01:23:32 AM
Thanks.. Yes, I'll very soon be pulling the SPA from the Hardware, NOW that i can get Obi to dial out thru MNF.

Let me see if i'm getting this right..

I wish to pre-pend an 03 to any 8 digit telephone number that is dialled, when the leading digit is 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 or 9

In Obi speak would that look like?
<03>[2-9]xxxxxxx

Also, how does the 'ISTP ProfileA DigitMap:'  differ from 'LinePort DigitMap:'  Is it a precedence thing ?

Yes , that <03> is the same as <:03> which is a case of the <a:b> substitution.

The ITSP and Line port digit maps are only consulted if they are referenced in the Phone port digit map or the Phone port OutboundCallRoute (or the AA OutboundCallRoute).

Dialled digits are examined by the Phone port digit map (which may include embedded digit maps - eg Msp1, Mvg1, Mpli, user digit map etc) to validate it.  Any substitutions, eg your <03> prefix, if present are applied.  If there is no possible match the number is rejected.  The best match goes to the next stage.

The number (with any modifications) is then applied to the Phone port OutBoundCallRoute which can also include embedded digit maps and substitutions.  The rules in it are examined in sequence from left to right and the first match wins.  The (modified) number is 'dialled' on the matched SP or LI.

The same approach happens for calls 'dialled' by the AA.  The AA digit map validates the number and it is passed to the AA OutboundCallRoute to determine which SP or LI the call should be sent out on.

The Voice Gateways also have their Digit maps but not OutboundCallRoutes.  I don't think you are ready for that (yet).

GarFin

Wow! this is going to take some time to get my mind around...maybe i should tackle this after a good nights sleep  ;)

GarFin

Day3.. SPA removed from the final config... Touch wood, it's all working as expected, and that's even with a Telstra Technicolour Router (Max3 gateway). Tnx DrGeoff.

- GarFin