News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Wireless bridge was the problem

Started by N1KMP, May 28, 2017, 02:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N1KMP

I've been fighting with the OBi110 for a LONG time. So frustrated!  And it turns out it was the wireless bridge setup I was using.

I setup another dd-wrt flashed LinkSys router as a wireless bridge (communicates to the main router via WiFi and has 5 wired network ports).  It (seemed to) worked perfectly. I could put a PC on it and all was fine.  I could send and receive info from the OBi110 setting on one of the ports on the bridge.  I could get Google Voice setup. BUT, and this is a big but, I could not get it to call via GV.

I tried map after map.  No luck.  I got frustrated and quit trying and a year later decided to try again.  No luck.  Was there some other setting messing with success?  There must be a million OBi110 settings, which one was causing the problem? 

Then I decided to connect the 110 directly into the main router.  BINGO! It now seems to work.  For the longest time I was so frustrated as to why what worked for others didn't work for me.  I apologize for all those things I mumbled under my breath, and sometime aloud, about the OBi.

For those having troubles and you are using a bridge setup, try a direct connect.  I have no idea why it did not work and I don't have the enthusiasm to find out why.