News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Double or Studder Ring

Started by 65tang, June 02, 2017, 12:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

65tang

Hi Everyone,
I have searched the forum and asked support but can not find the answer.  I have an OBi 202 with two lines.  The firsts line rings normally, and the second line has a double ring sound.  Two quick short rings.  Where do i change this to ring normally? 

drgeoff

There are two ring profiles A and B.  For each SP you can select either A or B. Voice Services, SPx Service, X_RingProfile.  Each profile has 10 different choices of ring pattern.  You select which of the 10 using X_DefaultRing further down that same block.

The actual 10 ring patterns in each profile are defined under RingSettings, Ring Profile A (or B).  Scroll down past the 10 Call Waiting Tone definitions.

If you want SP2 to ring the same as SP1, merely changing the SP2 X_RingProfile to A will probably do that.  You need to clear the tick mark(s) in the box(es) at the right hand end of the line before you can change a setting.

Soulcommander

Quote from: drgeoff on June 02, 2017, 01:18:56 PM
There are two ring profiles A and B.  For each SP you can select either A or B. Voice Services, SPx Service, X_RingProfile.  Each profile has 10 different choices of ring pattern.  You select which of the 10 using X_DefaultRing further down that same block.

The actual 10 ring patterns in each profile are defined under RingSettings, Ring Profile A (or B).  Scroll down past the 10 Call Waiting Tone definitions.

If you want SP2 to ring the same as SP1, merely changing the SP2 X_RingProfile to A will probably do that.  You need to clear the tick mark(s) in the box(es) at the right hand end of the line before you can change a setting.

I found the expert settings and ring patterns for profile A and B    

If I remove the tics in the far right box for ring pattern 1 then what do I choose, place ticks in default?  And how do I find the NORMAL ring like on Phone 1 of the Obi 202?  Is there a manual for this expert mode somewhere so I can learn this technique myself......

azrobert

To change a setting, uncheck BOTH boxes to the right of the Value.
After you make the change click Submit at the bottom of the page.

Make the following change to have the standard ring pattern on SP2.

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_RingProfile: A
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_DefaultRing: 1

drgeoff

Quote from: Soulcommander on September 01, 2018, 12:38:58 PM
Quote from: drgeoff on June 02, 2017, 01:18:56 PM

I found the expert settings and ring patterns for profile A and B    

If I remove the tics in the far right box for ring pattern 1 then what do I choose, place ticks in default?  And how do I find the NORMAL ring like on Phone 1 of the Obi 202?  Is there a manual for this expert mode somewhere so I can learn this technique myself......

I explained above  that each profile allows selection of 1 of 10 patterns.  Those are defined on the Ring Settings pages. (Scroll down past the tone definitions.)

The syntax explanation starts on page 169 of the Admin Guide. http://www.obitalk.com/info/documents/admin_guide/OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf

You can learn a lot from that document but you may need to read it carefully several times before things begin to become clear.