News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 problems with local telco in Brazil

Started by mcarroll, August 02, 2011, 08:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcarroll

When I try to dial through the Obi110 to place a outgoing call over our local telco, nine times out of ten I receive an automated message from the telco stating, "this number does not exist, please verify and try again."

I'm in Brazil. Our local telco is a company called GVT.
I have an Obi110 with a pair of Vtech CS6219 DECT 6.0 phones.

I have Google Voice on SP1.

I never have any problems with incoming calls, either on Google Voice or local telco GVT.
Outgoing calls over Google Voice are usually problem free (Calls to the USA are clear, calls to Brazilian landlines have a slight lag time, and calls to Brazilian cell phones have a lot of static).

But rarely can I place an outgoing local telco call through the Obi110. Most of the time, especially if I want to call a local Brazilian cell phone, I have to unplug the Obi110 and plug my Vtech phone directly into the telco jack to place my local call on provider GVT.

Any ideas how to make my Obi110 play well with my local telco?

RonR

You might try increasing the following setting in case the OBi is dialing too soon after going off-hook:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DialDelay : 500

If that setting isn't the problem, it may be the OBi is sending the DTMF digits out the LINE Port a little too fast for your telco.  You might trying increasing the following two settings to see if it helps:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DialDigitOnTime : 200
Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DialDigitOffTime : 200

mcarroll

Thanks, I've increased these to 700, 400 and 400 respectively, and so far it seems okay.

I appreciate the help.

RonR

You want to increase them by the smallest amount that gives you totally reliable service.  Larger values make your dialing times longer, so you don't want any more than necessary.

mcarroll

Okay, I'll experiment with it and see what works.

At least now I know what to tweak.

OBiSupport

The alternative to place calls through OBi LINE port is to dial '#' prior to phone number. Pressing '#' will get the phone directly connected to your PSTN line. After you hear hear the dial tone, you can press the digits just as you normally dial out through a phone.