News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

All incoming GV calls are ringing two phones, can it be set to ring just OBi?

Started by GBAllison, June 06, 2017, 06:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GBAllison

This is my first hour with the OBi200-connected phone, so sorry for the extremely newbie question:

The OBi200 seems to be working great.  Google Voice is working great.  Incoming calls ring properly and I can answer them.  Outgoing calls work fine too.  However ...

When someone calls my Google Voice phone number it immediately rings both the OBi200-connected phone *and* my Google Voice "linked" cellphone. 

• What I want is for it to ring *only* on the OBi200-connected phone, and then after a certain number of rings with no answer, then for it to transfer the call over to my cellphone.
  • Or ... I want it to ring *only* on the OBi200-connected phone, and then after a certain number of rings with no answer, then for it to go to voicemail in Google Voice.
The setup on Google Voice makes it look like linking to another phone is mandatory.

Help?
Thanks!

SteveInWA

Google Voice is not simply a free telephone company for use on an OBi device.  It is a full-function inbound call forwarding and message management system.

When someone calls your inbound Google Voice telephone number, GV then forwards that call to all of your selected forwarding destinations, simultaneously.  OBi devices are just another forwarding destination, like a land line or mobile telephone number.  OBi devices act as Google Chat clients.  To control which destinations ring, or don't ring, add or remove the check marks to the left of each destination, on this page:

https://www.google.com/voice/redirection/voice#phones

Google Voice does not support sequential forwarding (hunt groups).  It rings all destinations at the same time.  You can, however set calling schedules.  For example, ring forwarding destination A during these hours; ring forwarding destination B during those hours.

You cannot control the number of rings.