News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Two Obihai devices

Started by prorec, June 13, 2017, 10:21:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prorec

Hi,

I have two Obihai devices. I have a model 202 and a model 200. Both are connected to the same router. The 202 has been installed for some time and works fine but I can't get the 200 to register on the Obihai web site. When I call to register I get a message saying "No service configured error."

Is it possible that two devices won't work on one router or is it something else?

On the 200 the power LED is solid green, the middle LED blinks and the phone icon LED is off. The phone icon LED off indicates the port is not enabled but looking at the router the lights are on. I recently removed a different device from that port and it worked so I think the port is enabled.

Any ideas? Thanks.

drgeoff

What do you mean by "I can't get the 200 to register on the Obihai web site"?  The **5 xxxx procedure does not complete or a Service Provider registration is not successful?

Can you reach the **9 222 222 222 test number from the 200?

prorec

Yes, the **5 xxxx does not complete. It says it failed. I can call **9 222 222 222 and get the recording saying "No service configured error."  This is using the 200 Model.

I have not tried to set up the Service Provider yet. 

drgeoff

Quote from: prorec on June 13, 2017, 04:20:10 PM
Yes, the **5 xxxx does not complete. It says it failed. I can call **9 222 222 222 and get the recording saying "No service configured error."  This is using the 200 Model.

I have not tried to set up the Service Provider yet. 
You are NOT reaching the **9 222 222 222 number from the 200. Dial that from the 202 and hear the difference.

It is pointless trying the **5 procedure until the 200 can reach the echo test number.

Dial ***1 and report back here what you hear.

prorec

I dialed ***1 with the 200 and got nothing. Just a click sound. I dialed ***1 with the 202 and gives me a message with the IP address, etc.

drgeoff

Quote from: prorec on June 14, 2017, 05:58:41 AM
I dialed ***1 with the 200 and got nothing. Just a click sound. I dialed ***1 with the 202 and gives me a message with the IP address, etc.
On the limited info available from this thread my diagnosis is that your 200 is faulty.  What is its history?

To be more certain, do a reset of the 200 and try again.

prorec

I reset the 200 with the same results. Failed. As for history; the 200 is brand new. I bought it in the fall but didn't install it then. I suppose it's still under warranty.

What other information would be helpful?

Do you think having two Obihai devices on the same router might be the problem?

SteveInWA

Quote from: prorec on June 14, 2017, 12:55:51 PM
I reset the 200 with the same results. Failed. As for history; the 200 is brand new. I bought it in the fall but didn't install it then. I suppose it's still under warranty.

What other information would be helpful?

Do you think having two Obihai devices on the same router might be the problem?

Having two (or ten) OBi devices on the same local network works fine; that's not your issue.

If you bought it from an authorized retailer (Amazon, Newegg, Fry's, etc.) then contact Obihai and they'll replace it under warranty.

prorec

I contacted Obihai support about this and they were able to register my Model 200. It now works fine along with the 202 on the same router. They didn't say what the issue was. Thanks for your help.