News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 110 Line (FXO) to Valcom 2006a Paging

Started by KonradKonrad, June 14, 2017, 11:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KonradKonrad

I am hooking up a 110 to a Valcom 2006a for paging using the Line port.

Here's my setup:
Registered SIP Extension -> Service Provider 1 -> Line -> Valcom

I can dial the SIP extension (8600) and it will connect to the Valcom and page, however when Valcom goes offhook the 110 is sending 8600 as DTMF. This breaks the page tone and the valcom thinks it's an all call.

Right now I dial 8600, the valcom picks up, the 110 sends DTMF "8600" and I am paging.

I want to dial 8600, the valcom picks up and then I dial the zone [0-6] which then sends the DTMF to the Valcom.

How can I get the 110 to stop sending 8600 as DTMF?

drgeoff

The OBi110 is probably NOT sending 8600 as DTMF.  I suspect the '8600' is the CallerID info (the number you are calling from, not 8600) which with default settings is sent as FSK (Bell 202) after the first ring.

Simplest way to defeat that might be to go to Physical Interfaces, Phone Port, Port Settings and change CallerIDTrigger to 'Before First Ring'.

KonradKonrad

Ok. Will try to change it and let you know.

I can confirm that the 110 is sending 8600 though. I have a buttset in monitor mode and can hear the line pickup and send 8-6-0-0 to the valcom.

drgeoff

As my reply was based on my understanding of the sparse info in your first post, it may be wrong.

I assumed you have the PHONE port of the OB110 connected to the Valcom.  (The OBi emulates a Central Office and its PHONE port is an FXS.)  I assumed the OBi is registered as extension 8600 on a SIP PBX.  If those assumptions are correct then I don't understand how the OBi could be sending '8600' to the Valcom.  Yes it could be sending DTMF as that is one of the CallerID signalling options.  DTMF is not the standard way of signalling CalleID in the USA and is not the default OBi configuration.

If you have connected the LINE port of the OBi to the Valcom then the Valcom is emulating a Central Office and your mention of "when Valcom goes offhook" would be nonsense.

KonradKonrad

Sorry for the confusion... 

The Obi is registered to my pbx with extension 8600. The Valcom is hooked up to LINE port. The Valcom is acting as the CO. When I dial 8600 from another phone on the pbx the obi is sending DTMF 8600 out the LINE port to the Valcom. (I assume this is normal behavior. If I used the obi as a pstn gateway then if i dialing 911, then obi would send 911 out the LINE port.)

What I want to do is dial 8600 and have LINE port go offhook without sending any digits. Would this be through a digit map?

Does this make sense?

drgeoff

I don't know what PBX you are using but if Asterisk or FreePBX* I would configure the PBX to OBi110 LINE side along the lines given in http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1157.0.  Rather than dialling 8600 to reach the OBi LINE port as an extension, the LINE port of the OBi would be an outbound route of the PBX.  The number you dial would be like the 9 often used to get an outside line.  Depending on the PBX that access number could be more than a single digit and might even have the appearance of an extension number.  The PBX is programmed to drop the access prefix. Your version of the '81|' in section 6 of the post I link to above.

(* My limited experience with 3CX suggests that the same approach could be used with it.)

KonradKonrad

I got it working. Here's the config I used. The changes I made were in the inbound route on SP1 and the digit map on the Line. I now dial 8900 from an IP phone, the calls routes to the obi and then the LINE port goes offhook. I hear page tone from the valcom and I can enter a zone. Thanks for your input everyone.

ITSP Profile A
   General
      Name: 8900
   SIP
      ProxyServer: xyz.net
      RegistrarServer: xyz.net
      UserAgentDomain: xyz.net
      OutboundProxy: xyz.net

SP1 Service
      X_InboundCallRoute: {>(<8900:>(Mli)):li}
      AuthUsername: 8900
      Pass: ****

Line Port
      Digit Map: (xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.|xxxx|S1)

kennyb

I am following your setup as I am trying to do the same thing.  The difference is I am going to a broadsoft switch.  When I put your data in the x_inboundcallroute I get a busy when dialing my registered extension number.  If I only put li in that paramater, the phone port will ring.
Were there any other parameters that you had to change to get it working correctly?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.
thank you
Kenny

dougk22

I am hooking up a 110 to a Valcom 2001a for paging using the Line port.  I am trying to use a SIP account and use a speed dial to connect to the paging system.   Any info would be greatly appreciated.