News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi200 No Incoming For Generic Service Provider

Started by lexluthor, June 15, 2017, 02:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lexluthor

My previous OBi200 developed a bad phone port and I just replaced it with a brand new one.

On the previous one, I had SP2 set up as a generic service provider for a SIP provider that I use.  Incoming and outgoing were working fine.  With the new OBi200, I'm not getting incoming calls at all.  Outgoing works fine though.  I did notice that the generic service provider doesn't have an option for Incoming calls will ring on Phone 1, but I know it was set up that way before and was working fine.  I do get a voicemail notification though.

I can also get the SIP provider to register if I use asterisk compatible system, which does have the incoming calls will ring on option, but I still don't get incoming calls.

This is very frustrating as it was working fine on the previous installation.  

I have SP1 with Google voice an SP4 with Callcentric and incoming calls work for both of them.

Any help to get this working is appreciated!

drgeoff

1. As the OBi200 has only one PHONE port there is no need for an option to specify which port incoming calls should ring.

2. That you cannot get incoming calls from the same secret service provider to ring your Asterisk system would prompt me to investigate said provider. Does that provider have call logs which show incoming calls to your account and what happened to them. Ditto the Asterisk system. The OBi200 has Call History and Call Status which may offer some clues.

lexluthor

Yes, it was a provider issue.  It's fixed now.