News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Fax picking up when other Google Voice number is called?

Started by JonW, June 17, 2017, 01:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonW

Greetings,

I have an Obihai 202 and 2 separate Google Voice numbers on 2 different Google accounts.

My phone is plugged into port 1 and a fax machine plugged into port 2. When a call comes in to my voice line on port 1 the fax machine will pick up on the 2nd ring, and it's on a different phone number on a different port than the one that's being called.

My configuration is as follows:

Phone 1  Phone 2
Primary Line for Outgoing Calls Route to:    SP1    SP2
Phone Rings on Incoming Calls from:    SP1    SP2
Voicemail Notification Alert from:       
Emergency Service Call Routes to:    Not Configured    Not Configured

Both numbers are registered with Google Voice under 2 different email accounts.

What gives? Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Thanks,

Jon

drgeoff

Do calls to the fax number reach the fax machine? If not, you have probably configured both SP1 and SP2 to the same GV account.

Check on the GV settings page for the phone number that the list of forwarded to numbers does not include that of the fax machine.  :)

If neither of the above is not the cause, do these two simple tests and post the answers.

1. Unplug the phone from the PHONE1 jack.  Using a cellphone ring the GV number for the phone.  Does the fax machine still pick up?

2. Still with the phone unplugged, unplug the fax machine from the PHONE2 jack.  Again ring the GV number for the phone and observe the two rightmost LEDs - PHONE1 and PHONE2.  Which one(s) are flashing?

Restore all connections.

JonW

OK I lost my old device to a lighting strike back in Dec. I had not registered my new device. I have now registered my new device. When I did Anveo shows up on SP2 so I added my fax line to sp3. Now when I call the voice on line 1 it will work correctly and not ring the fax line.  The problem is the fax line will not pick up an incoming call.

Here is the configuration, BTW I selected incoming and out going on line 2 only, but this is the configuration I get.

Phone 1   Phone 2
Primary Line for Outgoing Calls Route to:    SP1            SP3
Phone Rings on Incoming Calls from:    SP1,SP2    SP2,SP3
Voicemail Notification Alert from:       
Emergency Service Call Routes to:    SP2    SP2

When I enter expert config, it will not allow me to make any changes. There is a Red ! by the changes I need to make. I am using a Surface Pro with Windows 8.1 if that matters.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jon

JonW

Problem solved!

I had to go into Google Voice and select transfer, then tic the Google chat box.

All is working properly now.

Thanks so much for everyone's help!!!

Jon