News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call stability with Vonage as POTS line (used to be int'l only, now all calls)

Started by jmbwind, August 03, 2011, 12:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmbwind

I have been experiencing dropped calls when making calls through Vonage (connected to Line port - SP1 and 2 are GV numbers and are not used for that purpose.)

Using a phone connected to the "phone port" and calling through Vonage on the Line port, I may be able to speak for several minutes, and out of the blue, the call is dropped.  Redialing is not smooth (...), and the calls will go out again.

Finally, I should add that all "native" calls through Vonage (w/o obihai box) are fine.

As if Vonage and the Obihai did not like each other so much when working together for too long...

Any suggestions?

OBiSupport

After your call is dropped, what do you usually hear on your phone? dial tone or fast busy tone, or something else...

OBi device has default US PSTN configurations on the LINE port, while your Vonage acts as a PSTN line by connecting OBi LINE port to it. We are not sure if any compatibility issue exits. We like to help you look into this case, would you please send us a email at support@obihai.com? along with your 9-digit OBi number, thank you,

jmbwind

It is in the "something else category" it is silence.  I just emailed to support my obi #.
Thanks!