News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New Google voice not connectiing

Started by terriz, June 23, 2017, 02:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terriz

Hooked up Obi200, easy, did verification call, signed in with gmail account, it connected. Now I can make a call, which shows "No Caller ID to the other phone.  there is no google voice number shown. if I create a google voice number it wants to send a text, if it sends text to my call, it wants to make the cell the google voice phone. I want Obi to be the google voice phone.  The tutorials show the very old way Google voice was.  Now it doesn't assign a phone the choice is "HANGOUTS" so there is no way for me to connect google voice to the obi using this method, even tho I did the verification code at the end of the set up. 

SteveInWA

Please don't make multiple posts on the same topic.

The instructions are correct.  You don't use the OBi number as a phone number.  Google Voice forwards calls to regular, 10-digit telephone numbers, and to Google Chat. The OBi devices act as Chat clients.

Without more specifics from you, it sounds like you set up a Gmail account with no Google Voice inbound number.  There's no way for anyone to call you without a telephone number, and outbound calls have no caller ID number to display.

Carefully follow the instructions here:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460