News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Anonymous caller's name is recorded but not given to me

Started by UnSub, June 29, 2017, 10:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnSub

I recently bought an OBi200 and had my home number ported to it (first to old cell, then to GV). Everything works great with one exception.
I set up anonymous callers where they are asked to say their name. After they do so, my home number rings and I answer. Their name is not repeated to me nor am I given an option to press 1 to answer or press 2 to send to voicemail. If anyone knows how to correct this, I would greatly appreciate the help.

SteveInWA

Sorry, but Google Voice's call screening function is not supported when calls are forwarded to an OBi via the Google Chat protocol.  If this is something vital to you, then you would instead need to forward the inbound GV call to a real, 10-digit US telephone number, and provision that number on your OBi.  Many of us use a free NY State phone number from Callcentric as the forwarding target instead of Chat.  You'll also get caller ID name (CNAM) when known to the CNAM provider.