News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Calling via a remote device.

Started by KCarterSr, July 06, 2017, 04:40:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KCarterSr

Hello, I've read many of RonR's posts about Obihai and I've read the manuals, and I've read the information about their modified version of Regex expressions.

However, I can't seem to solve this issue.

I've set this up from his examples (http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1103.0) and it works fine. Thanks by the way.

2 **8 18005551212  ->  OBi Device #2 LINE Port

3 **8 18005551212  ->  OBi Device #3 LINE Port

4 **8 18005551212  ->  OBi Device #4 LINE Port

I want to set up the line buttons so that instead of dailing one of the above, is to have each line button bring up the screen call dialog box already populated with, 2 **8, or 3 **8, or 4 **8, and I can simply enter the phone number. This is one way I thought about doing what I want.

The other thought is that when a line button is pressed and the call dialog box comes up, is to just enter the phone number, and based on which line button is selected, transform the number via regex (prefix it with 2 **8, or 3 **8, or 4 **8) and send it.

However, there seems to be no way to programatically know which call button has been pressed so that I know which 2 **8, or 3 **8, or 4 **8 prefix to use.

To sum up, I simply what to press a line button and enter the number to call. Via a remote device.

I hope you wouldn't mind giving me some suggestions.

Thanks

azrobert

I don't know how to accomplish what you want. However, you can simplify the dialing. RonR's example covers every possible routing destination. If you are only routing calls to the Line Port of the other devices, the "**8" is not needed. The default configuration in the sending device is already setup to route calls like this:

2* 18005551212

RonR had you modify the Phone DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute. You will need to change them back to the default settings.

Just add the following to the beginning of the receiving device's OBiTalk InboundCallRoute:
{(Mcot)>(xx.):li},

If you can identify each destination's number by the format, you won't need any prefix. If all the destination's formats are the same you can use a single digit prefix.

KCarterSr

Thanks for that info, I'll look into that expression. Does anyone know how to assign each line key to go to a specific remote device. I've tried all kinds of things. No Joy.

ianobi

I tested this using a programmable key on an OBi1032. A line key should work the same, but is not needed.

Function  Speed Dial
Service    OBiTALK
Number   200123456

Remote OBi110:
Voice Services > OBiTALK Service > InboundCallRoute:
{610123456:li},{ph}

Replace 200123456 with the remote OBi110 OBiTALK number
Replace 610123456 with the OBi1xxx IP Phone OBiTALK number

If you press the programmable key, then you will receive dial tone from the PSTN line attached to the Line Port of the remote OBi110 . Then you may dial manually any number using the IP Phone keypad.

There may be some issues regarding CallerID etc using this method - I have not investigated that far.

You do not say what other functions the remote devices may be used for, but this method should be able to be integrated into most setups. Also, if you would like to be able to call from the IP Phone to the local phones attached to the remote OBi110s, then the OBi110s' InboundCallRoutes will need modifying somewhat.

KCarterSr

ianobi,

So, so close. I tried what you said and I get the remote dial tone, however when I enter numbers on the phone pad (I'm using OBi1062's by the way) the dial tone "just remains". Nothing happens except the error sound you get when you leave a phone off hook for more than a few minutes. Any suggestions?

Thanks
KCarterSr

ianobi

When you hear the remote dial tone the calling OBi1062 considers the call to be established. When you press keys on its dial pad it should send out DTMF tones which you should be able to hear, so check that first.

Test the remote Line Ports at the remote locations - do they work locally dialling from the OBi devices at those sites?

All OBi devices only use DTMF signalling when dialling on PSTN lines. This system is the default option for 99% of countries around the world, but there are still a few places that use the old "Loop/disconnect" system and OBi devices will not be able to use the PSTN lines in those cases.