News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Future Nine

Started by mnjeepmale, January 27, 2017, 11:41:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnjeepmale

I have had Future Nine for a few years now. I switched to them when Obi thought Google Voice was going away for Obi. Since then Future Nine hasn't been too bad but lately I am having all sorts of issues. Mostly just trying to dial out. Call won't connect or long dead air only to get a message that didn't connect. This is happening on several numbers I call.

Any suggestions? Can I go back to Google Voice without losing my number? I ported my number to Future Nine.

SteveInWA

You cannot port your number directly from that service provider to Google Voice, because Google Voice only accepts ports in from mobile phone carriers.

Here's a guide to porting into Google Voice for OBi users:  http://www.obihai.com/porttutorial

Michael_Reeder

Quote from: mnjeepmale on January 27, 2017, 11:41:15 AM
I have had Future Nine for a few years now. I switched to them when Obi thought Google Voice was going away for Obi. Since then Future Nine hasn't been too bad but lately I am having all sorts of issues. Mostly just trying to dial out. Call won't connect or long dead air only to get a message that didn't connect. This is happening on several numbers I call.

Any suggestions? Can I go back to Google Voice without losing my number? I ported my number to Future Nine.

Old thread but wanted to report that exactly the same continues.  Maybe 20% of my outbound calls get an error message about "being rejected by the service operator".  Some numbers seem permanently that way, some vary day-to-day.  I've appreciated F9 but this is starting to get tiresome.

Experimenting with Concentric and so far very good.  No rejected outbound calls, call quality seems better, and fewer problems with touchtone pushbutton menu systems.

-- Michael