News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 suddenly not connecting: "Backing Off : TCP connection to ___ failed"

Started by userforum, October 31, 2017, 04:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

userforum

I have been using the Obi202 connected to the Apple airport router for a few years.
Suddenly today, it seems to have stopped working, so I updated the firmware and it is still giving me the error messages.

What should I do?

sorin

Same here on both my devices, 100 and 200. I noticed similar messages on other forums (dslreports) as well so it appears to be an outage. OBI support, any help? Thanks

snomo

I am having the same or similar issues as well.

2 years it's been working.
Today it is giving "Backing Off :
TCP connection to 74.125.69.125 failed"

Tried everything listed in the troubleshooting section : Remove SP1 account, and re-install. added a DMZ to my router (which I never needed). Nothing helps.

Even purchased a premium support package, and submitted a ticket. No help yet.

Mark

JoshuaRyan

+1 for having the backing off issue.  I rebooted the obi via the ***9 command.  Issue persists.  For those of you that have it working now, was it anything that you did?

snomo

Well, Late last night (CST) it "fixed" itself.....but then again this morning was acting up with the same errors.

I finally found a thread that talked about how something with the server address has changed on Googles end, and that various DNS records were not updating properly.

I made the changes found here:
https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/GV-and-the-OBi/Using-openDNS-GV-Status-BackingOff

And this seems to gotten it working again.

Mark

ShazamInForum

To richl,

You are responding to a very old thread/comments (Dated Oct - 2017).  Not all "failed..." status are the same these days.

Are you sure you are using the latest OBi ata model (i.e. OBi200, OBi202, OBi212)?  Or, have the latest firmware version for your OBi device   http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0

Again, this is an old thread (Dated Oct - 2017) because older OBi unit models (i.e. OBi100, OBi110) can also get the status "Backing Off : TCP connection to ___ failed" and the OBi100, OBi110 is not supported anymore, EOL (End-of-Life) a very long long time ago.

Please give us more details so we can determine for you.

Good luck!

Arghtastic

I have the same problem; I changed my cable modem yesterday and my GoogleVoice and everything else (call callcentric and VoipVoip) stopped working.  I don't know if it's because I changed the cable modem or if I have some other problem.

It says "Configuring" forever and then says "Offline" only for googlevoice my other SPs don't ever show any status.

Arghtastic

So I realized that the cable modem was using a different IP address range than before, so it was overlapping with my VoIP/SIP setup---nothing was working because the new cable modem was stealing the IP address from my voice gateway.