News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Does the Obi100 support multiple outgoing calls?

Started by neilio, August 03, 2011, 09:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neilio

With the incredibly helpful assistance of RonR I now have my OBI100 mostly working as I'd like. What I'd like to know is if it's possible to make multiple simultaneous outgoing calls. Basically, I want to know if it's possible to use Google Chat to make a call via Google Voice on my OBI while someone is talking on the SIP1 account.

RonR

The OBi is capable of multiple concurrent incoming/outgoing calls on its trunks (SP1/SP2/OBiTALK/LINE Port).

The OBi is capable of a single call on each of its endpoints (PHONE Port/Auto Attendant).  (The PHONE Port is capable of two calls if count Call Waiting and Call Conferencing.)

Up to 4 bridges may be established between trunks and/or endpoints.

This would permit, for example, an incoming call on Google Voice to be bridged to an outgoing call on Google Voice while someone on the PHONE Port is bridged to a SIP account or the LINE Port.

QBZappy

neilio,
From a practical point of view, simultaneous outgoing calls can be made from: a phone attached to the OBi, plus OBiAPP softphones installed on computers.

If your question is to know how many (different) people can be using the OBi at the same time, it would be one telephone to POTS line + the softphones on the other 3 voip services (SP1/SP2/OBiTALK/LINE Port).

RonR,
I'm not certain how the Voice gateways come into play here. RonR, are those extra trunks or is 4 the limit?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

RonR

Quote from: QBZappy on August 04, 2011, 01:16:40 PM
RonR,
I'm not certain how the Voice gateways come into play here. RonR, are those extra trunks or is 4 the limit?

According to the OBi Device Administration Guide : "The OBi110 allows 4 concurrent independent call bridges."

Consequently, the number of trunks available is not the limiting factor.