News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dial plan (DigitMap) feature is not supported with Obi products

Started by SukruBey, July 23, 2017, 10:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SukruBey

One of the most frequently used features of any VoIP adapter is that we can customize the dial plan. Unfortunately, this is not being offered by ANY of Obi product. You might say "Hey there is the DigitMap you can customize" but that is not entirely true.

Yes, you can use DigitMap to create whatever dial plan you prefer but as soon as you make any change on the device at obitalk.com account, the dial plans go back to default.

In other words, unfortunately, Obitalk doesn't offer any change to dial plans unless you disconnect the device from your obitalk.com account, which is a big price to pay.

Dear Obitalk,

Can you please offer this feature on your website? Or at list provide us option that DigitMap is not to be provisioned, so, we can locally set it and it just stays there unchanged.

drgeoff

You are off to a bad start here with a first post that is pure bunkum.  :(

Please read the sticky post http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.msg109#msg109

SukruBey

Drgeoff, maybe I could not explain myself clearly. Let me try it using different words...

If I want to configure a VoIP provider on one of the lines, what setting will I need? Which settings are the most important to configure a VoIP provider:

1-Username
2-Password
3-Proxy (server)
4-Port
Last but not least
5-Dial plan

There are many more settings we could be talking about but the five above are minimum. The point I want to discuss here is that Obitalk web login allows me to change all 4 settings but not the fifth one. In fact, they do allow me but only for North America and it is only for 7 digit calling.

My question is that if Obitalk can also offer this feature at their web login?

Taoman

Quote from: SukruBey on July 25, 2017, 06:21:20 AM

My question is that if Obitalk can also offer this feature at their web login?

They do. That's the purpose of OBi Expert.
If you would have actually read the link that drgeoff posted you would know that.

SukruBey

I now see what you both mean. My bad. Thanks for your replies.