News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 gives brief red light then all go out

Started by JS123, July 23, 2017, 07:55:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JS123

Haven't used this device for a couple years and wanting to  get it going again.  I powered it up - it shows red light for about 3 seconds then it goes out.  No other lights ever light.  I tried a different power supply and it does exactly the same thing.  I tried searching for this light sequence but didn't find anything.  I don't have it hooked to my network yet - just powered it up to try to figure out what firmware version I had and if I needed to update.

drgeoff

You can try a reset to defaults but I would not be optimistic. Probably like the parrot in the Monty Python sketch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vuW6tQ0218

JS123

After a bit more fiddling and a few power ups it came to life.  I am thinking maybe the electrolytic capacitors needed a bit of reforming?  I opened it and they weren't bulged.  I didn't do a factory reset.

"Well, it was coughing up blood last night."  but apparently not dead.  :)

I have firmware 1.3.0.2872.  Have seen horror stories about updating firmware and losing control of the device some time back but that seems to have died down.  What's the story on updating?  Am I losing anything?  I can manually update so that's no issue.