News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Confused Need Help Cant find it OBI110 forwarding landline to cellphone

Started by DenMoe, July 25, 2017, 05:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DenMoe

I need A LANDLINE FOWARD TO A CELL PHONE How its possible with this device i think .. i tryed in the advance set up were call fowarding is at I put phone number where i want it foward or do i need to get a google voice number to perform this task . ? Help please . thanks

drgeoff

You need another service for the OBi to send the call out on.  A POTS line can only support one call at a time, so an incoming POTS call cannot be forwarded over that. Therefore yes, you must have service from a VoIP provider.  Google Voice is one and being 'free' has attractions but there are many other Internet Telephony Service Providers whose additional features may warrant their charges which are generally very modest when compared to a typical landline provider.

azrobert

You will get the GV callerid when using GV to forward the call.

You will get the original callerid doing this:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=12776.msg82022#msg82022

Use the Line port instead of SP1

DenMoe

i got a google voice number now what i just my land line fowarded ??

drgeoff

Quote from: DenMoe on July 26, 2017, 12:59:09 PM
i got a google voice number now what i just my land line fowarded ??
Have you configured your OBi to use the GV account? That is, if you have GV on SP1 can you successfully call your cellphone by dialling **1 followed by the 10 digit cellphone number?

What form of call forwarding do you want?  Always on every call to the POTS number?  Only when you don't answer?   Only when you dial specific codes to turn forwarding on or off?

Also, be aware that if you are already on a landline call, then a new incoming landline call will get busy tone from your the Local Office of your landline provider.  The call does not reach the OBi and, not surprisingly, the OBi cannot forward it.

DenMoe

How do I get it to foward the call to 2 phone numbers sp1(686878687)(786867786) ??? Work like that ?

DenMoe