News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

setting up qos on obi202 with hitron cable modem/router

Started by Paco, July 26, 2017, 01:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paco

I have a cable connection with hitron cgnm 2250 cable modem/router.  Unfortunately this modem does not have qos configuration so I have to use the obi 202 device's qos.   The obi is connected to the modem via the internet port and my wired desktop computer is connected to the obi via the lan port.   Internet works on the desktop, but my download speed is limited to 24mb per second, and my connection is 150 down, 16 up.   (Upload speeds are normal).  When the desktop is disconnected from the obi and plugged into the modem, download speed is the normal 150.   What settings must be changed in order to get normal download speeds with the desktop connected to the obi?  I also want to prioritize traffic for the phone connected to the obi, in case I am using the phone while doing other heavy uploading/downloading.  (Using voip.ms as provider.)

Taoman

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but:

Quote from: OBihai Admin GuideIn addition to being a NAT (Network Address Translation) router, the OBi202/OBi302 includes a DHCP server, a DNS forwarder and a basic firewall. It supports port forwarding, DMZ, QoS, and VLAN (802.1q). The maximum routing throughput between the WAN and the LAN side is approximately 30 Mbps. This speed can be achieved when there are no active calls in the system. Otherwise the throughput will be limited to a slower speed to accommodate the load for voice processing. Note that if the WAN side is connected to an Internet access device directly, then the throughout could be further limited by the speed of the Internet uplink and downlink.