News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI 200 continued busy signal for incoming calls

Started by nakosan, July 26, 2017, 08:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nakosan

I just upgraded my OBI 110 to OBI 200. I am able to place calls to other numbers. However when calling to my home phone via google voice, I get a continued busy signal.

OBI is showing active and connected on dashboard.
Google chat is enabled.
Do not disturb setting is not checked.
Google voice is forwarded to my mobile number.
How to troubleshoot?
How does google voice transfer via mobile phone number to landline? Phone line is connected but does home phone number need to be entered into a setting?  Cable is connected properly from router to OBI.

How to resolve to receive incoming calls?

SteveInWA

I can't figure out exactly what you are trying to do.  You describe:  "However when calling to my home phone via google voice, I get a continued busy signal."  Is the "home phone" a telephone plugged into your OB 200, and it's at home?  If so, how are you using Google Voice to call the home phone?  There are several different possibilities...from a smartphone, signed into your Google Voice account, or how, exactly?

nakosan

Home phone refers to phone at home. Phone line in wall connected to OBI 200.
I have used my mobile smart phone and son's mobile phone to test call OBI connected phone line. Continued busy signal. I am trying to use google voice via my mobile phone to connect with home phone. Always get busy signal. Also get a busy signal when using other phones.

The actual phone is cordless. Phone cable plugged into wall phone jack at one end and into OBI 200 at the other end. Is that more helpful to understand what I am asking?

drgeoff

You mention 'landline'. Are you trying to connect a landline to your OBi200 and if yes, how? Unlike an OBi110, you cannot connect a landline to an OBi200 unless you also have the additional OBiLINE accessory.

nakosan

Thanks. I connected phone cord between phone and router.  However it still continues with a busy signal. An OBI,rep called e. He was able to call me on his OBI device, but later we found out we were back to the busysignal when testing with our cell phones.
Any other ideas?

drgeoff

Quote from: nakosan on July 27, 2017, 11:56:23 AM
I connected phone cord between phone and router.
Do you really mean that?  If yes, please give the brands and model numbers of the phone and the router.

SteveInWA

The OBi device has three connections:

Plug the power adapter's cord into the power jack.

Plug the Ethernet cable from your router into the Ethernet jack on the OBi.

Plug one end of a telephone cord into the OBi's telephone jack, and plug the other end into your cordless phone's base station.

For now, do not plug anything into your house's telephone wiring in the wall.

Call your Google Voice number from some phone number other than your Google Voice number.  Do not use Google Voice to make the test call.  What happens?

nakosan

Steve, thank you for your continued help.  I followed directions as you instructed. No longer have OBI connected into wall outlet as you said I should not do.

I am able to place calls from my google voice from a cell phone to my OBI, that call comes through.  The problem is when I call the number that was ported to google voice (an old landline number). That is when I get the continued busy signal.  OBI tech help configured and registered with voip.ms and also made the changes on the OBI dashboard.  However something still must be configured wrong as I still get a busy signal.  The old landline number always worked with the OBI 110. I am at a loss as I know about technology, but not the configuration or settings I am still working on.

SteveInWA

Ok, so this sounds like a configuration error with your Google Voice account.  I don't understand how you are also using voip.ms.  Do you have an inbound phone number from voip.ms?  If so, does it work?  Let's look at your Google Voice settings.

Please log into your Google Voice account from a laptop or desktop computer, not from a mobile phone or tablet, and then take a screenshot of this entire page:  https://www.google.com/voice/redirection/voice#phones

If you need help learning how to take a screenshot, see these instructions:  http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Obscure (cover up/black out) the first six digits of all phone numbers, leaving the last four digits exposed.  Obscure any email addresses, too.  You can use any basic image or photo editing program, such as MS Paint, to cover up the private fields.

Click the "+ Additional Options..." link to attach the image.

Thanks.