News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Does not seem to connect to out going call nor incoming call

Started by drbubba, August 04, 2011, 07:39:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drbubba

I have an Obi 100 with Google voice.

I've only had this system for a week or so but I've noticed when I dial a number I can hear the ring and when it stops I hear nothing from the other end.

I just used by cell phone as a test as follows:

I called my cell from the phone connected to the Obi100. My cell rang but when I answered it, I could not hear anything. However, the phone connected to the Obi100 was still ringing as if it had not connected to my cell.

I then called my cell again from the phone connected to the Obi100. My cell rang but I did not answer it. The Obi 100 phone just kept ringing and the cell phone voice message never kicked in. The cell phone voice message usually kicks in after the 5th ring.

Next, I used my cell phone and called my Obi 100 phone. It rang but I did not answer. After 5 or 6 rings my Google voice message kicked in and I left a message.

Finally, I used my cell phone and called my Obi 100 phone. It rang and I answered it but could not hear anything from the cell phone side.

Can anyone suggest why this is happening. It seems like the Obi 100 is not functioning properly and after reading some of the entries here, I don't seem to be any closer to figuring out the issue.

Thanks

I disconnected the power to the Obi and after powering it back up, I was able to make an outgoing call. However, I could not make a second outgoing call without once again disconnecting the power to the Obi. I'm wondering if the previous call is not disconnecting when I hang up?

RonR

If possible, eliminate your router as the source of your problems by temporarily connecting the OBi directly to your broadband modem.  Power cycle both the modem and the OBi after making the direct connection.

If the problems don't do away, you will have eliminated your router as the source of the problems.  If the problems disappear, it's likely your router is the culprit.

OBiSupport

Drbubba,

Are you still experiencing any GV call connection problem? We also suggest you placing calls or receiving calls through Gmail call phone service, and see if you experience similar problem. By doing the same test, we can rule out possible GV service problem.

You can always get help from OBi support at: support@obihai.com, thank you,

Thyatis

I have the exact same problem, it seems every other time i try to connect it works.  I am using the obiapp and xlite.

Was there any solution to this?

drbubba

I tried the direct connection to the modem by bypassing the router and still had the issues explained above.

I infrequently use the number associated with the OBI100/Google Voice account and have calls to my OBI/Google number sent to my cell phone. I seem to have no problem with the call forwarding to my cell phone but I suspect that is coming from Google Voice regardless of whether or not I have the OBI100.

Today my wife tried to call out on the OBI line and got a message "there is no service available to complete your call." Two hours later and a number of tries still yields the no service message. I am looking at the OBI100 and only the green power light is illuminated. The internet and telephone lights are not illuminated. I unplugged the power to the OBI and waited 30 seconds before plugging it back in. I'm still only getting the power light to illuminate.

Lastly, I just called my OBI/Google number from my cell. After 5 rings my google voice mail kicked in but my home phone connected to the OBI100 never rang.

Any thoughts?

RonR

What happens when you call the echo test at **9 222 222 222?

drbubba

I don't know what's been going on per my posts above. However, I went back in and re installed the OBI100 and Google Voice link. It seems to work at the moment. I made a call from my cell to the OBI phone and from the OBI to the cell. Both worked fine.

Thanks for the responses to my questions.

LuvU43v3r

I wanna report similar problems which happen quite often lately ( about 20-25% of calls during August + September) .
During incoming or outgoing, calls got connected, yet both parties are unable to hear the other or very noisy/static.
Problem cant be the router since I run a linux box with traffic shapping for VOIP on 15mb/1mb cable line.
Trying to run echo test, it runs fine but sometimes when speaking too fast for eg. testing 1,2,3,4 .. the last word would be missed.