News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Router Configuration Issue/Problem

Started by Bobmon, August 08, 2017, 09:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobmon

I am using this Arris NVG443 router in conjunction with an Obitalk 200 to use internet (DSL)  VOIP to make and receive phone calls. The problem is no matter what service I use ie. Google voice (free), Onesuite (subscription), ALL calls made and received drop within minutes. Using Onesuite provider  all calls drop at exactly 9 minutes every time. Obitalk support says to configure my router to this:
In order for your OBi to be able to send packets w/o interruption, please configure your router as follows:

Allow Outgoing:
TCP Ports: 6800, 5222, 5223
UDP Ports: 5060, 5061, 10000 to 11000, 16600 to 16998, 19305
Allow Incoming on UDP Port: 10000

Problem is: There is nowhere to enter ALL these ports? Just one range.
Router has port forwarding and port triggering . In port forwarding there is only a global port range  one port # to another port #, and one base port.
In port triggering there is just a trigger range same as above, one port to one port, and one open port range same as above.

Not sure what to enter into router and can't seem to find any answers ?

azrobert

After you add a port range, you should be able to add another port range. That is how every router I've owned worked.

You can also try disabling SIP ALG. It is found under the firewall tab.
https://www.voicehost.co.uk/help/sip-alg-and-why-it-should-be-disabled-your-router

drgeoff

Port opening is not the same thing as port forwarding.

I don't know that Arris router but none of the tens of home router models I have encountered had any means to block or unblock outgoing ports.

Port forwarding only acts on incoming ports.