December 11, 2017, 10:39:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how to edit obiplus settings  (Read 111893 times)
evergreen

« on: May 06, 2016, 03:28:48 pm »

Hi. I noticed that the ui changed online as I was having trouble connecting and I was wondering how I can access the settings for obiplus.  Thank you.
RFC3261

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 11:18:26 pm »

Hi. I noticed that the ui changed online as I was having trouble connecting and I was wondering how I can access the settings for obiplus.  Thank you.
As I recall, in the dashboard, OBiPLUS configuration is like the 3rd major bullet down the list.  It is not the OBiPLUS under the Solutions bullet.

In any case, it should be noted OBiPLUS is no longer available for purchase, and there have been at least one recent post that at least the "free"/"basic" version can no longer be renewed when it expires.  If you are paying for the "full" package, you might want to directly confim what the future status is with obihai, and if you are on the "free"/"basic" version, I would recommend you start investigating what options you may have if obihai does not let you renew (there has been no official statement about renewal, but the individual who posted on the forum stated he was told after contacting obihai support one can no longer renew).  Your active subscription status and expiration date shows under the "Solutions" tab after you click on it.

drgeoff
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 09:31:59 am »

Yes,  I had subscribed to the free basic version of OBiplus though I never used it. For some time it has not been in the menu under the Dashboard column. I had no communication from Obihai about its disappearance.
RFC3261

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 12:32:13 pm »

Yes,  I had subscribed to the free basic version of OBiplus though I never used it. For some time it has not been in the menu under the Dashboard column. I had no communication from Obihai about its disappearance.
One had to renew yearly, and if one does not have a valid subscription, the menu item is not there, and since no one can now subscribe/purchase new, only those with active subscriptions have the menu item to configure OBiPLUS.  As I recall, Obihai stopped accepting new subscriptions sometime in June(ish) of last year, so one might expect that the last subscriber will end service in the next few months as their active subscription expires and (based on the reports) have not been allowed to renew their subscription(*).  A slow death to the service, apparently, rather than a formal announcement.  I think at the time (back in June 2015) when Obihai stopped accepting subscriptions that I commented that they should really have communicated better.  I guess that is not their way.

(*) I do not think it is clear whether renewing the subscriptions was stopped at exactly the same time as stopping accepting new subscriptions, but I expect it is likely it occurred about the same time.  I also do not recall seeing any post by anyone with a paid/full subscription, which could conceivably have a different set of dates and communications (after all, they are real paying customers, unlike those with a "free"/"basic" service).
evergreen

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 03:18:14 pm »

thanks for the info.  I went ahead and bought an annual subscription to their premium support service and they confirmed what you had said about them ending service.  At this point, I really really hope that they removed the option for renewing and it wasn't due to my negligence that I lost Obiplus as I don't recall that option being available in the last couple months.  They had referred me to FreePBX and while the learning curve seems considerably steeper than Obiplus, I'm hoping that Obiplus ultimately used FreePBX as the backend and that once I make the transition, it'll be as responsive and clear as Obiplus was.  I downloaded PBX in a Flash but haven't found a way to get that to work with Google Voice and my Cisco SPA504G IP phones.  I do have an exported xml configuration file for my Obi202 before Obiplus was removed but I'm not sure if that'll help me any.
RFC3261

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 11:36:41 am »

They had referred me to FreePBX and while the learning curve seems considerably steeper than Obiplus
Asterisk (or FreeSwitch, or Yate, or ...) solutions (FreePBX uses Asterisk under the gui) are full PBX solutions, with many capabilities with the commensurate learning curve of becoming an enterprise telephony expert.

It should be noted that for some simple uses, one can use an OBi device for your SIP phone as basically a "passthrough" device, as OBi documents at:  http://blog.obihai.com/2012/08/use-your-obi202-as-google-voice-gateway.html and there are some other online examples such as: http://voxilla.com/2011/02/15/how-to-obify-your-ip-phone-no-asterisk-involved/

Of course, no fancy OBiPLUS features, but it might do for some use cases.

And then there is always replacing your SPA504Gs with OBi SIP phones.  It might be the path of least resistance (especially if you value your time).
SteveInWA

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 12:15:34 pm »

They had referred me to FreePBX and while the learning curve seems considerably steeper than Obiplus
And then there is always replacing your SPA504Gs with OBi SIP phones.  It might be the path of least resistance (especially if you value your time).

+1

Spend endless hours learning how to be an Asterisk guru, or buy some modern OBi IP phones and be done with it.

drgeoff

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 01:16:20 am »

The main reason I run an Asterisk based system* is that it can do call routing (in and out) which depends on day and time of day. The OBi ATAs and phones cannot.

(*It is one of several VMs on a HP microserver.) 
evergreen

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 05:17:05 pm »

thanks everyone for your feedback.  So the last month has been me transitioning from the recently lost ObiPlus to using FreePBX and while it offers a lot more flexbility and extensibility than ObiPlus did, I did notice a number of attendant issues which I hope can be ironed out here.  I still have my Obi202 and that itself has been acting super strangely since the loss of ObiPlus -- namely, my ability to place outbound calls but not receive inbound ones.  Wanting to salvage what I had, I bought the 1 year subscription to what Obihai calls "support".  I'll attach below the email exchange with support which will hopefully demonstrated the "" around support.

Firstly, the biggest thing I had noticed was the loss in sound consistency where about more than 75% of the time, I would be in conversation from my extension to the outside world and in both inbound/outbound calls, the other end would stop hearing my voice.  The calls would stay on but the other party just stops hearing me while I can still hear them.

I was advised by the FreePBX community that this is a network issue.  But in the two years of suing ObiPlus, I never had this issue when using either of the 2 ip phones or 2 pots phones connected to the Obi202.  Upon saying that, I was advised that I can't compare my experience with Obihai and FreePBX/Asterisk as one is an ATA and one a PBX.  I let the person know that I was using a PBX service which has only recently expired and forced me to use FreePBX and if the person's distinction between Obihai and FreePBX (ie ATA vs PBX) is accurate, then is the network demands of an ATA significantly less than that of running a PBX with less devices (2 ip phones now and no POTS phones)?  The person simply reiterated that there's no comparison between the two and insisted that it's a network issue.

I could be wrong here, but I thought that Obihai was at core using Asterisk with committed hardware for it.  In that case, then my idea of reaching resolution would be through mapping/translating the settings on my old Obi202 settings to Asterisk, if possible.

I did explore the network issue although I felt it unnecessary but did so anyway as best as I can to get to the bottom of this (ping tests, loading speedtest-cli on linux) and found nothing noticeable.

This forum has been the most helpful and least snarky of forums where the exchange, sharing, and publishing of ideas can take place for those who want to seek an alternative to ma'Bell, and I hope that my appreciation shows through.

As for the support package that I bought from Obihai, I had tried to get some support by calling the sales line due to the lack of response.  I did not expect that this support package was simply a cash grab on Obihai's part and made me think twice about having future business with them by way of buying the Obi branded ip phones and "be done with it" as reasonably suggested by the post above.  My time is valuable but I'm also not in the business of encouraging cash-grabby practices.  Obihai's been great in my two years of having the device and never had to worry about contacting tech support due to the thriving and super knowledgeable community here.

I'll paste the not so helpful exchange below because perhaps I'm being unfair about my evaluation of this company.

Hopefully, this helps others in their search for a Voip solution that works for them.
evergreen

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2016, 05:19:42 pm »

Gmail   Russell <evergreen@gmail.com>
509876543 can send but not receive calls
9 messages
Russell <evergreen@gmail.com>   Mon, May 9, 2016 at 2:33 PM
To: Obihai Support <support@obihai.com>
Hello,

I had issues with my device giving me a "device not configured" error when trying to place calls and so I reset the device, deleted the device from obitalk.com and then readded it with my google voice line.  I'm now able to place calls but not receive them.  The dashboard shows the google voice SP1 as being connected with a solid green light.  I followed the troubleshooting steps here to no avail: http://www.obihai.com/support/troubleshooting/sg/inc .  Please advise.  Thanks.
Obihai Support <support@obihai.com>   Mon, May 9, 2016 at 4:39 PM
To: Russell <evergreen@gmail.com>

Let’s start over:

- factory reset your OBi by dialing ***8 and press 1 to confirm

Also you need to re-add your device to OBiTALK.

1. login to www.obitalk.com

2. ADD DEVICE, and follow all the steps with **5 xxxx  (this step is still needed to bind the device to obitalk).

3. Configure your Google Voice service. 

Regards,             

Obihai Technology

Sent: Monday, May 9, 2016 2:33 PM
Subject: 509876543 can send but not receive calls

Hello,

I had issues with my device giving me a "device not configured" error when trying to place calls and so I reset the device, deleted the device from obitalk.com and then readded it with my google voice line.  I'm now able to place calls but not receive them.  The dashboard shows the google voice SP1 as being connected with a solid green light.  I followed the troubleshooting steps here to no avail: http://www.obihai.com/support/troubleshooting/sg/inc .  Please advise.  Thanks.
Russell <evergreen@gmail.com>   Mon, May 9, 2016 at 4:57 PM
I followed that advice before and I tried it again just now but am having the same issues.  Please advise.
[Quoted text hidden]
Obihai Support <support@obihai.com>   Mon, May 9, 2016 at 6:44 PM

Can you please confirm your OBi number again? We are unable to locate your device (509876543) in our database.

Regards,

Obihai Technology

Sent: Monday, May 9, 2016 4:58 PM
Subject: Re: 509876543 can send but not receive calls
[Quoted text hidden]
Russell <evergreen@gmail.com>   Mon, May 9, 2016 at 6:51 PM
500 667 648 ...sorry about that.
[Quoted text hidden]
Obihai Support <support@obihai.com>   Tue, May 10, 2016 at 10:26 AM

Hi,

We received your voicemail also.  Thank you.

You stated having issues with incoming calls and you already tried deleting Google Chat but still experiencing issues.

We do confirm you are setup, within parameters and successfully “Connected” with your SP1 Google Voice 8587 account evergreen@gmail.com

Please confirm you have a phone connected to your Phone 1 port and a separate phone connected to Phone 2 port?  And do you hear dial tone on Phone 1 port only and dial tone on Phone 2 port only?

Best Regards,

Obihai Technology

Sent: Monday, May 9, 2016 6:52 PM
[Quoted text hidden]

[Quoted text hidden]
Russell <evergreen@gmail.com>   Tue, May 10, 2016 at 12:48 PM
yes. I have a dialtone on both the phone 1 port and phone 2 port with two separate phones connected to each port.
[Quoted text hidden]
Obihai Support <support@obihai.com>   Tue, May 10, 2016 at 3:41 PM

Hi,

Can you remove phone from Phone 2 port and make a call to phone connected to Phone 1…does it ring?

And same steps for Phone 2.

We are also monitoring.

Best Regards,

Obihai Technology

Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 12:49 PM
[Quoted text hidden]

[Quoted text hidden]
Russell <evergreen@gmail.com>   Tue, May 10, 2016 at 6:22 PM
yes.  They both ring.
[Quoted text hidden]

Gmail   Russell <evergreen@gmail.com>
RE: 509876543 can send but not receive calls
8 messages
Obihai Support <support@obihai.com>   Tue, May 10, 2016 at 6:31 PM

Hi Russell,

Can you temporarily put this OBi on the router DMZ?  And check if your incoming calls will ring the OBi?

Please put the OBi (IP or MAC address) in the DMZ setting in your router’s configuration.

For example:

http://screenshots.portforward.com/routers/Linksys/WRT54G/DMZ.htm

You can find out the OBi IP address by dialing ***1

Reboot your router and OBi once you have done the above.

Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 6:23 PM

yes.  They both ring.

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 3:41 PM, Obihai Support <support@obihai.com> wrote:

Hi,

Can you remove phone from Phone 2 port and make a call to phone connected to Phone 1…does it ring?

And same steps for Phone 2.

We are also monitoring.

Best Regards,

Obihai Technology

Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 12:49 PM

yes. I have a dialtone on both the phone 1 port and phone 2 port with two separate phones connected to each port.

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 10:26 AM, Obihai Support <support@obihai.com> wrote:

Hi,

We received your voicemail also.  Thank you.

You stated having issues with incoming calls and you already tried deleting Google Chat but still experiencing issues.

We do confirm you are setup, within parameters and successfully “Connected” with your SP1 Google Voice 8587 account evergreen@gmail.com

Please confirm you have a phone connected to your Phone 1 port and a separate phone connected to Phone 2 port?  And do you hear dial tone on Phone 1 port only and dial tone on Phone 2 port only?

Best Regards,

Obihai Technology

Sent: Monday, May 9, 2016 6:52 PM

509 821 332 ...sorry about that.

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 6:44 PM, Obihai Support <support@obihai.com> wrote:

Can you please confirm your OBi number again? We are unable to locate your device (509876543) in our database.

Regards,

Obihai Technology

Sent: Monday, May 9, 2016 4:58 PM

I followed that advice before and I tried it again just now but am having the same issues.  Please advise.

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 4:39 PM, Obihai Support <support@obihai.com> wrote:

Let’s start over:

- factory reset your OBi by dialing ***8 and press 1 to confirm

Also you need to re-add your device to OBiTALK.

1. login to www.obitalk.com

2. ADD DEVICE, and follow all the steps with **5 xxxx  (this step is still needed to bind the device to obitalk).

3. Configure your Google Voice service. 

Regards,             

Obihai Technology

Sent: Monday, May 9, 2016 2:33 PM
                Subject: 509876543 can send but not receive calls

Hello,

Russell <evergreen@gmail.com>   Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 2:30 PM
Hello. I'm not getting any different results from putting the OBI202 on the router DMZ as advised.
[Quoted text hidden]
Obihai Support <support@obihai.com>   Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 3:53 PM

Hi,

Your OBi device status is still OFFLINE.

For test purpose, can you relocate your OBi202 device to another router (i.e. families, friends, neighbors), simply plug into available port on router.  Wait up to a minute and test your calls in/out again.

We want to isolate the issue.

Best Regards,

Obihai Technology

Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2016 2:31 PM
[Quoted text hidden]
Russell <evergreen@gmail.com>   Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 4:34 PM
hello. I just checked the status and it looks to be online.  I swapped ports to no avail on the same router as well as a different router completely as advised.  This issue only started when I found issues with my ObiPlus service, if that sheds any light.  I did save a backup of the Obi202 configuration while on ObiPlus, which I have on reserve if it needs to be reloaded.  This issue persists across all three of my SIPs.  Please help.
Obihai Support <support@obihai.com>   Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 8:41 AM

Hi,

We are seeing your OBi device status ONLINE now.  Your SP1 Anveo is “Registered” and SP3 Google Voice is “Connected” but your SP2 Callcentric has the status “Register Failed: No Response From Server”.

Please log back into www.obitalk.com site:

Click OBi Dashboard

Click OBi number 509876543 for Device Configuration page

At SP2, click trashcan icon and Delete

Click SP2 again and do a Re-Authenticate (Re-Store) to your Callcentric account

Best Regards,

Obihai Technology

Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2016 4:35 PM

hello. I just checked the status and it looks to be online.  I swapped ports to no avail on the same router as well as a different router completely as advised.  This issue only started when I found issues with my ObiPlus service, if that sheds any light.  I did save a backup of the Obi202 configuration while on ObiPlus, which I have on reserve if it needs to be reloaded.  This issue persists across all three of my SIPs.  Please help.
Russell <evergreen@gmail.com>   Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 2:00 PM
look. I'm only concerned about getting incoming calls from ANY one of the service providers set up with Obihai.  I've been going through enough hoops for you and now would like some actual help that will allow me to receive calls.  I don't want to but am also not afraid to take measures that may prove unfortunate for your business to get this assistance.  Please advise.
[Quoted text hidden]
Obihai Support <support@obihai.com>   Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 7:19 AM

Hi,

For incoming calls, please click link:  https://www.google.com/voice/b/0#phones

Log into your Google Voice Account evergreen@gmail.com Settings, at Phones tab and check box for Google Chat.  If Google Chat is already checked, please click Delete and Google Chat will refresh/return then try your calls in/out again.

Best Regards,

Obihai Technology

Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2016 2:01 PM

look. I'm only concerned about getting incoming calls from ANY one of the service providers set up with Obihai.  I've been going through enough hoops for you and now would like some actual help that will allow me to receive calls.  I don't want to but am also not afraid to take measures that may prove unfortunate for your business to get this assistance.  Please advise.

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 8:41 AM, Obihai Support <support@obihai.com> wrote:

Hi,

We are seeing your OBi device status ONLINE now.  Your SP1 Anveo is “Registered” and SP3 Google Voice is “Connected” but your SP2 Callcentric has the status “Register Failed: No Response From Server”.

Please log back into www.obitalk.com site:

Click OBi Dashboard

Click OBi number 509876543 for Device Configuration page

At SP2, click trashcan icon and Delete

Click SP2 again and do a Re-Authenticate (Re-Store) to your Callcentric account

Best Regards,

Obihai Technology

Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2016 4:35 PM

Russell <evergreen@gmail.com>   Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 1:26 PM
Please note that I already went through this troubleshooting step.
TyroDave

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2016, 10:46:39 am »

Evergreen - thanks for sharing.

I was also using OBIPLUS (the free version) with my 202 and google voice. Some months ago (Jan/Feb) it just stopped working on incoming calls. Outgoing calls were never an issue.

I tried all the different solutions presented in the forums, I even did factory reset and it made no difference. I had a second 202 that was new in the box and I even tried downloading the config from there and uploading it into my problem box. Still no good.

Time is money and in the end I simply swapped the boxes - worked instantly. I am now using a new from the box 202 with my existing settings and all is well.

It seems OBIPLUS changed something that could not be undone by a factory reset. I would like to learn how to fix my other 202 so I can use it as intended. If you find a solution to this problem, I would love to hear it. Hope it all works out for you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: