News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Authentication error [fixed]

Started by BigRedBrent, August 11, 2017, 12:13:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OBiSupport

Hi,

There is an issue with certain Google Voice authentications at this time, and we are working on resolving this.

Please wait for Google Voice to resolve the issue.

Thank you,
Obihai Technology

Webslinger

A friend rebooted his OBi202 and now he sees
"Backing Off (509s):Authentication error."

Don't reboot your ATA or IP Phone if your service is working.

Webslinger

Quote from: OBiSupport on August 11, 2017, 08:43:03 AM
There is an issue with certain Google Voice authentications at this time, and we are working on resolving this.

Has Obihai's client key been revoked?

SteveInWA

Quote from: Webslinger on August 11, 2017, 08:50:53 AM
Quote from: OBiSupport on August 11, 2017, 08:43:03 AM

Has Obihai's client key been revoked?

Don't read anything into this.  Just wait for Obihai to fix it.

mhorn

Is there a way to be notified when the problem is resolved between Google and Obihai?  Should we just continue to follow this thread or is there some other mechanism?  

Thank you

Bayly

Same issue for me on Obi1062. My Obi202 is still working, but it's probably only a matter of time... Hope it's resolved soon.

spinedoc777

Same issue here with my 202, sigh and I use it for my business.  Hope they fix it soon, some status reports or a report that they found the issue would be nice.

Whacky!

fmcas1

Thank you for the heads up...let's hope it doesn't take weeks to come back up!! :)

ctlw83

Obi110 also having issue.

Confirmed running most recent firmware
Completely removed device from account.
Killed link in Google settings
Reset device
Re-registered Device
Signed out
Signed into ObiTalk using my Google account
Tried to authenticate for Google Voice
Still didn't work.  Same authentication error.

SchwannyT

Would this be an issue with Google's decommissioning of the Google Talk interface?  I'm using a free Google Apps account for my Google Voice connection.

???

james999

Ugh... brand new to this.  Just received my ObiTalk200 and set it up a couple days ago.. Setup was so easy and had it working in 5 minutes. Then this morning, feeling overly confident, I started playing with the configuration settings and it stopped working with the GV auth issue. I (logically) assumed I just messed something up. Hours later... I found this thread.  Bad timing, but at least I know it wasn't something I messed up!   :o

francesco

2:35PM Eastern time.. It appears that the issue is resolved now. I was able to add GV back on SP1 on my OBI200. It is configured again, and working.

SteveInWA

Quote from: SchwannyT on August 11, 2017, 11:12:18 AM
Would this be an issue with Google's decommissioning of the Google Talk interface?  I'm using a free Google Apps account for my Google Voice connection.

???

NO.

james999

11:40am PST.  It's working again.. OBI200 w/ Google Voice

soundview

Confirmed ... GV is working again

fmcas1

Perfect...issue has been resolved...thanks guys!

Freshmaker

Can someone from Obi give a summary of what happened exactly, and what steps can/will be taken to prevent it from happening again?

OBiSupport

Hi,

Google Voice authentication issues has been resolved.  Please log back into your OBiTALK account and re-authenticate / re-establish to your Google Voice account again.  Once "Connected", please proceed with test calls incoming/outgoing to ensure all calls are successful.

Best regards,
Obihai Technology, Inc.

Webslinger

Quote from: Freshmaker on August 11, 2017, 12:27:25 PM
Can someone from Obi give a summary of what happened exactly, and what steps can/will be taken to prevent it from happening again?

I'm not from Obihai, but there's nothing you could have done to prevent that from happening.

As far as I can tell, Google Voice revoked Obihai's client key and then reinstated it. I could speculate about why that happened, but it would just be speculation. I think this was all done on Google's end. Obitalk.com did not communicate with devices I've been monitoring since the problem occurred and after the problem was fixed. Those devices did not require logging back into Obitalk.com and re-authenticating anything. Consequently, I don't see the solution as being anything Obihai did, technically speaking.

The following reinforces my opinion that the technical solution did not come from Obihai's end:

Quote from: OBiSupportPlease wait for Google Voice to resolve the issue.