August 22, 2017, 05:46:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Authentication error [fixed]  (Read 1765 times)
Mango

« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2017, 04:46:45 pm »

Can someone from Obi give a summary of what happened exactly, and what steps can/will be taken to prevent it from happening again?

Chances are we will never know exactly what happened.  As a rule, Obihai doesn't share information.  In fact I'm surprised they posted here today at all.

SteveInWA
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2017, 05:18:48 pm »

Obihai support posted here, because I escalated it to them and pointed to this thread.

Google caused the issue.  It was a one-off, won't-happen-again issue.  It was not an expired certificate or token.
 I'm not able to disclose any further details.

nickforum

« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2017, 05:10:22 am »

I had this issue.  i had posted in one of the threads.  it is working this morning.
BUT, QUESTOIN, on FIRMWARE UPDATE related to this

yestereay, when this occurred, I searched the forum , found older threads, thinking that those fixes wer needed, and they mentioned FIRMWARE UPDATE.  So, I dialed "***6", did say firmware update available, and I did the firmware update.

BUT, had this issue never happened, I would not have thought about FIRMWARE UPDATE at ALL !! (Obi 200)

Is there a message or prompt that will AUTO-ALERT us to the fact that updates are avilable, or do we have to actually check periodically to see if one is available??
thanks
Mango

« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2017, 08:32:15 am »

No there is not.  Obihai is very secretive with firmware updates - not only when they are released, but what bugs they fix and what features they introduce.

If you wish you can subscribe to https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9983.0 where users report new versions when they find them.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: